Post Processing Challenge May 11, 2019

"Another weekly challenge.

If, anyone else would like to post next week please give it a go, upload a High resolution jpeg. Just indicate your intentions by Thursday or early Friday.

Remember there are no rules you can do what you wish in your interpretation, please can you give information of the steps taken and software used to add interest.

It is not meant as a competition just a bit of fun." (Gerald Cafferty)

In honour of Mother's Day tomorrow.

DSC_5031.thumb.jpg.28046052d35c3bd0bc34dacca67cc64b.jpg

• Like 4

Punta, you did it again! Kudos for your choice of a challenge image.

VERSION 1: In PSE15, cropped from top and right side. Then, adjusted tonality using levels. Used Color Efex vignette blur filter to focus attention on the birds. Then used detail extractor, followed by Output Sharpener.

ppcbirds2.thumb.JPG.c27a2fc045523cf684ffa941f1e24309.JPG

• Like 5

Not sure if this will post properly, but tried to make a heart-shape around the doves. Had no idea how, so did a web search on 'heart shape in ps elements' and found some tutorials. Applied auto enhancement and levels adjustments afterward. Saved as gif to keep background transparent, but don't know if that worked.

Doves.thumb.gif.304d0b986674ec0b6cfda812b96ec285.gif

• Like 3

Jordon: It worked! I dragged your version onto a different colored background and I could see it easily through the transparency. These challenges you started have forced me to learn new things too.
  • Like 1

Good to hear it Tom. I haven't been involved much since I don't shoot a whole lot anymore (no particular reason), but the way the birds were positioned here made me want to give it a go. Image manipulation is a whole other art form.
  • Like 1