Post Processing Challenge Jan 15 2022

There are no rules as to how you apply your post processing to this image; but, please let us know what you have done so we can all learn.

If you would like to post a candidate image next week, please ensure it is of sufficiently high resolution for manipulation by the participants (3000px on the long side, 300dpi for example).

Most of all, let's have fun while we are learning or demonstrating how we use our post-processing software, imaginations and interpretations.

The photo posted last week as a challenge was of San Francisco beach here in Uruguay as seen from my balcony. The photo I am offering for this week's challenge is from Englehart, Ontario close to where I used to live but about 9,500km away from Punta Colorada. At time of preparing this post (5AM in Uruguay and 3AM in Englehart), the temperatures of these locations were more than 70˚C apart. It is +32˚C here in Punta Colorada and it is about -39˚C in Englehart (Kirkland Lake Airport). I find it amazing that people thrive in both places.

Please, would someone else like to post a challenge? Please, Please.

DSC_2004.thumb.jpg.fad077c083fac0cc1222bbbf0a2cd849.jpg

• Like 3

Since you plead so convincingly;), I'll trawl my archives and post next week's PP challenge (Jan 22).

There are no rules as to how you apply your post processing to this image; but, please let us know what you have done so we can all learn.

If you would like to post a candidate image next week, please ensure it is of sufficiently high resolution for manipulation by the participants (3000px on the long side, 300dpi for example).

Most of all, let's have fun while we are learning or demonstrating how we use our post-processing software, imaginations and interpretations.

The photo posted last week as a challenge was of San Francisco beach here in Uruguay as seen from my balcony. The photo I am offering for this week's challenge is from Englehart, Ontario close to where I used to live but about 9,500km away from Punta Colorada. At time of preparing this post (5AM in Uruguay and 3AM in Englehart), the temperatures of these locations were more than 70˚C apart. It is +32˚C here in Punta Colorada and it is about -39˚C in Englehart (Kirkland Lake Airport). I find it amazing that people thrive in both places.

Please, would someone else like to post a challenge? Please, Please.

[ATTACH=full]1414535[/ATTACH]

• Like 1

Thanks, @JDMvW! For some PP challenges, soon have an association or idea to work on. For others, my impression is that the photo is good just as it is and I just try to look for ways that I could perhaps enhance it. In other cases (just like you) I have absolutely no inspiration for - or association with- how I could contribute to a PP challenge. I generally skip these.

In this specific case, I associated the 'sign' with a very different 'sign' photo that I took a couple of years ago in Wales. Absurd? Yes, absolutely. I copied and pasted the 'sign' but I felt that it also needed a bit more backup with a few examples.

Mike

I confess, I didn't see much opportunity in the original, but mikemorrell showed me otherwise;)