Post Processing Challenge February 20, 2021

Discussion in 'Digital Darkroom' started by PuntaColorada, Feb 20, 2021.

1. There are no rules as to how you apply your post processing to this image; but, please let us know what you have done so we can all learn.
    If you would like to post a candidate image next week, please ensure it is of sufficiently high resolution for manipulation by the participants (3000px on the long side, 300dpi for example).

Most of all, let's have fun while we are learning or demonstrating how we use our post-processing software, imaginations and interpretations.

Sometimes the weather doesn't cooperate. Or does it? IMG_1237.jpg

2. OM:.....In PS cc2021; used basic controls for boken effect. Sadhu courtesy of Mahesh Kumar @ Pixabay.com OM.jpg

3. I cropped the image slightly; boosted the exposure via curves; enhanced the pond color via Hue & Saturation; Added an S-curve for contrast; and boosted the water spout via curves. Enhanced.jpg

4. Hey, Glenn! Wouldn't that be fish sauce or sushi coming out of that narrow opening? Or, maybe they are just those crazy jumping carp? :)

Glenn McCreery likes this.
  5. I really like the foggy/blurry look of the original, so I tried to go with that.
    fountainfinal.jpg

6. You are correct. Here is a revised version. ppc fountain.jpg

7. Good choice, Punta.

igord likes this.
  8. All work in PSE2020: cropped from right side, used lens aberration correction filter to modify vertical perspective, used sponge tool for saturation, applied impressionist brush, and then selectively sharpened.

ppcfountain.jpg

9. Just posted all my steps, and lost them when I tried to post my version. So, please accept my apology for not trying to remember them.

ppcfountain.jpg

mikemorrell, igord and luis triguez like this.
  10. This attempt tries to give the illusion of an old photo. I added some dehaze and a replacement sky as part of the changes.
    oldgrungyfountain.jpg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  11. Curves and green channel.

fountain.jpg

12. Using CS6, I adjusted the contrast and highlights, I then converted to B&W and used Gradient Map to further adjust the contrast. Finally I cloned out the two people near 1641590_ab2.jpg the steps.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  13. Latest Perservance photo shows strongest indications yet that life may once have existed on Mars!

Mars- mike.jpg

igord and PuntaColorada like this.