Post Processing Challenge August 3, 2019

There are no rules as to how you apply your post processing to this image; but, please let us know what you have done so we can all learn.

If you would like to post a candidate image next week, please ensure it is of sufficiently high resolution for manipulation by the participants (3000px on the long side, 300dpi for example).

Most of all, let's have fun while we are learning or demonstrating how we use our post-processing software, imaginations and interpretations.

_DSC5028.thumb.jpg.943a2089e33fdad0cd51cc3aebeab75c.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for posting, Punta! I cloned a few items off the boat, used a smoothing filter followed by a sketch and a hint of watercolor. Further minor adjustments yield, unsurprisingly, a bluish, sketchy version not unlike the attempt I seem to post almost every week. :rolleyes:

daBoatFinal.thumb.jpg.5b2aec7aff448123499bc9211a4dade9.jpg

Edited by tom_r
  • Like 4

Your supply of varied images for the PPC is endless, Punta. This one caused me to think for a while before I started preparing my version.

Initially, in PSE15, I used the content aware healing brush to eliminate a few slight distractions. Then, I used levels to create a low key atmosphere and look, followed by slight dodging of areas of the boat.Then. I used several of the paint bucket tools to create texture and finally used the correct camera distortion filter to modify the vertical perspective while trying to keep the boat's horizontals level.

1457672506_boatppccopy.thumb.jpg.25e7337dd54014e52a87f70fc9d89c9a.jpg

• Like 2

ppc2.thumb.jpg.aafcb29533487d6020b853fbedef5340.jpg

I removed a triangular slice above the center line of the dock, selected the remaining bottom section, copied it to a new file, then inverted and switched left and right of the triangular section and pasted the result on the new file image. The two layers were adjusted separately before flattening and cropping.

• Like 2

Glenn,

Maybe it's because I read too much science fiction plus the fact that it's been Shark Week on Discovery channel, but I'm seeing a steampunk mechanical white shark in a front on attack with jaws wide open! Cool and scary!

• Like 1