Post Processing Challenge August 15, 2020

Discussion in 'Digital Darkroom' started by PuntaColorada, Aug 15, 2020.

1. There are no rules as to how you apply your post processing to this image; but, please let us know what you have done so we can all learn.
    If you would like to post a candidate image next week, please ensure it is of sufficiently high resolution for manipulation by the participants (3000px on the long side, 300dpi for example).

Meet the greeter at an Art Gallery in Baie St. Paul in the Charlevoix Region of Quebec in 2010.
    _DSC4796.jpg

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  2. Great image this week, Punta. Just adjusted shadows / highlight in LR. Then added Tonal Contrast with NIK’s Color Efex Pro 4. 1617786_7f416b374da03bd48b42eb0cabe36e21.jpg

3. In Photoshop, I replaced the background, added contrast and exposure to the dog, and enhanced its eyes. In Luminar, I added AI Accent, AI Structure, and a vignette. Aug 15 2020 Challenge.jpg

4. Thanks, Punta! I cropped the photo and brightened up the doggie a little. finisheddoggie.jpg

5. PSE14, crop, select dog, darken background, adjust clarity, add a touch of sepia, Orton effect, adjust levels etc. dog one.jpg

6. This is such a cute dog, I didn't have the heart to add my usual rabid eyes, fierce fangs and dripping blood :(.
    So like most people, I tried to 'enhance' the photo:
    - brightening up the dog (curves with mask)
    - removing the bright spot top-right (cloning)
    - darkening the background (curves with inverse mask)
    - dehazing the photo and floor in the background to add color
    - adding a bit more color to the dog's eyes (curves) and widening the catchlights
    - cropping

cute dog - mike.jpg

7. Thanks for this choice, Punta. All work done in PSE2020: cropped, used impressionist brush and sponge tool for enhancing, sharpened with sharpening tool.

dogppc.jpg

8. I hadn't really paid much attention to the painting behind the dog before. I was wondering why the dog was looking so innocent!
    Who Farted Baie St Paul.jpg

9. edgar dogas ppc.jpg
    Edgar Dogas in his studio.

taborj, Jon Eckman, tom_r and 5 others like this.