Post Processing Challenge August 1, 2020

Discussion in 'Digital Darkroom' started by Glenn McCreery, Jul 31, 2020.

1. There are no rules as to how you apply your post processing to this image; but, please let us know what you have done so we can all learn.
    If you would like to post a candidate image next week, please ensure it is of sufficiently high resolution for manipulation by the participants (3000px on the long side, 300dpi for example). sturgeon stocking ppc.jpg

The photo, taken from my kayak, is of the Idaho Fish and Game stocking sturgeon on the Snake River in Idaho Falls.

2. I really like this photo so I didn't mess around with it too much:
    - cropping, to bring the people (and fish) ''closer by removing the 'empty space' on the right (especially red car)
    - adding a bit more color to the brownish trees and to the quay
    - brightening up the people so that their faces are less deeply shadowed
    - adding a couple of swimming fully grown sturgeon as a 'welcoming party' ;)

Fish farm - mike.jpg

3. Thank you Glenn!

Learning to swim using my dad's teaching technique.
    Glenn learn to swim.jpg
    Just a bunch of cutting and pasting etc.

4. A bit of cropping in LR then Tonal Contrast in NIK 1615945_a412b4fe226bbbb944ca0aaf86234bca.jpg

5. More cutting and pasting and cloning etc.
    Glenn sturgeon stalking Brakes.jpg

6. Great choice of an image, Glenn.

mikemorrell likes this.
  7. Ignore

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  8. An attempt to create something impressionistic . . . So most of my time was using PSE2020's impressionist brush. As my mood required, I occasionally changed the width of the brush and the opacity. Last, in PSE202, I used the dodging tool for minor brightening in several spots.

glennppc-2.jpg

9. Second . . . First came a crop from the right edge to the dog walker. (PSE2020), Then, conversion to b & w and slight tonal adjustments using Silver Efex. glennppc-1JPG.JPG

10. Thanks for the photo, Glenn! Here is my version using a trial of the new GRFX Studio Pro AI.
    grfxas.jpg