Post Processing Challenge 20th May 2017

Initial step: In PSE15, adjusted levels and cloned out a few distractions in or near the pond

Proceeded in Color Efex to emphasize cool tones, and then added detail (brilliance/warmth and detail extractor filters)

Back to PSE15: added saturation using hue/saturation slider, selectively added more saturation to certain areas with sponge tool, then boosted sharpness selectively using "triangle" tool.

Quite a nice range of interpretations. I think that I like John's added water and tighter crop the best, so far.

In this thread, are we not limiting our responses to 1000p? I thought just the OP could post LARGE.

Quite a nice range of interpretations. I think that I like John's added water and tighter crop the best, so far.

In this thread, are we not limiting our responses to 1000p? I thought just the OP could post LARGE.

David thanks for pointing out the added water in John's post, just goes to show how poor are my powers of observation. In my defence he has done it so well it just looks like the tide has come in.

Regarding posting sizes it would be great if there was an instruction book to go with this site (remember them,

information on what to do) ...................GC.

ppc.thumb.jpg.d8e2cc4a7ced9a332d88477858595873.jpg

I was attracted to the S-curve of the right bank of the river, so I cropped the image in Photoshop CS5 to accentuate it. Then I increased the highlight tonal contrast in ColorEfex, and decreased the saturation by 70%, so as to approach a black and white interpretation, but not quite get there.

• Like 2

Gerald, I felt the pastoral scene suggested a light touch and a bit of pastel color tone. In the last couple of years, I've taken several road trips through similar countryside. Days with these kinds of blue but cloudy skies have less harsh lighting and contrasts which I really enjoy sometimes. Sort of nicely accompanies the peacefulness of the scenes as I drive and walk along. I felt the blue house and the blue sky were key here.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Howdy all,

I took a more painterly approach.

1. Oil paint filter

2. Cropped

3. Copied layer & Fractalius filter - overlay 75% opacity

[ATTACH=full]1188621[/ATTACH]

Looks rather impressionistic, Rick. I think this is the first time I've seen Fractalius used in connection with a landscape image.