Post Global Strip on Zorki 4 & N61 LD

<p>This row was a part of the old village called Bileka Halli. It provided some services to early locators like IIMB. Later the garment factory of Coates Viyella was located here. They used to make brand names like Phillip Louis, Peter England, Van Heusen etc. These were exported out the country and consumed locally as well. With that start the services exploded due the demands of the Global software and medical services giants.</p><div>00XhiR-303443584.jpg.c22d530dfee3568d4503fe1f4b80b297.jpg</div>

<p>Bravo!</p>

<p>I suppose the green is verdigris from the copper in the brass? Combined with some sort of 'grease' packed in the lens to make it "smooth' when it was new? I think it was a way around "tight tolerances" in manufacturing.</p>

<p>Now if you can only figure out how to repair (not replace with a waterhouse stop, mind) a Meyer Domiplan automatic diaphragm, you will achieve something like divinity (the apotheosis of SP) in my eyes. Does your KW guy know how to do it? :)</p>

<p>Another worthwhile project completed, <strong>SP</strong>, and more fine images to show for it. I can't help but compare your busy streets with the empty ones that feature in most of my photographs, and I'm sure you must find creative stimulation in the hustle and bustle. The two 61's I have both seem to move freely so I've never been tempted to pull them apart. The characteristic "gritty" images are very Tessar-like, in my opinion, but then the construction of the Tessar and Industar 61 is very similar, as I recall. Do you find any difference in performance between the 61 and the 61/L series?<br>

Dramatic tones with that orange filter; thanks for another fascinating post.</p>

<p>Sabbarayan, The last couple of groups of photos you have posted seem to have a lot more snap to them than previous ones which were, to my screen at least, low of contrast, like they had been printed from underdeveloped negs. or taken where the atmospherics were very smoggy. If you have changed your processing techniques it's working. One humble opinion. I've no real interest in the theme here, old vintage cameras, but often enjoy seeing the slices of daily life you provide from your part of the world. So, you see, you are providing a valued service to at least two groups of people. Stay with it. Best, LM.</p>

<p>Thanks <strong>Ed</strong>; if you have difficulty getting filters for that size let me know. There are some guys in Delhi who make them. <strong>JDM</strong>, Thanks; I have not tried the Domiplan with Mr Yazdhani of KW. It cost so little and I bought two of them; one is working well. When the seller heard that one was not working he sent me a free Praktica LLC black body, as gift! <strong>Rick</strong>, I have not tried out any in-depth comparison between the N61 and N61 LD. They both seem to work well, about the same in B&W pictures. Have not tried any colour pictures yet. I suspect that the Lanthanum glass may have something to do with the refractive index in order to enhance the design. I should do some reading on this. Thanks for prompting me. Thank you <strong>Vasudevan</strong>. Thanks for your response <strong>Len</strong>; I make an effort to improve the home-brew all the time. Also, I try to find something interesting to photograph with the few cameras, I have. Vintage or not, the camera by itself has a limited interest for me. Learning to repair and renew them and making interesting pictures are more fun. Regards, sp.</p>

Another lens saved ! Good Job. I note the higher contrast images and the more open f-stop. This is certainly related to the orange filter. This Zorki looks really nice the fit and finish are excellent probaby a by-product of your restoration skills.

Like Rick noted lots of hustle and bustle in your part of the world. Here it's overcrowded too many people in the same place.

So thereS' always something going on and it's rarely peaceful except on Fridays!

<p>That is an impressive looking camera that appears to be in mint condition. It is a great performer with you at the controls.</p>

<p>BTW, as a snippet of news from Seattle, the state of WA is considering returning the Evergreen Point floating bridge (SR 520) to toll bridge status with a $3.50 toll for peak rush hours and lesser amounts for other times. When you were last here, the toll was $0.20 if you bought a book of tickets, and the toll was ended in 1979, and the bridge was never the same as hundreds of thousand of people came out of the woodwork that were either using I-90 or driving around the lake to avoid the toll. If it is enacted, I will be an around-the-laker when I visit my trusted camera repairman.</p>

<p>I Have not checked in this forum for a while. Happy to do so and see a wonderful post by SP. Photo #3 is a wonderful Street's eye view. All of them are well done and composed. SP's comments are helpful in framing the activity of the people and shop windows. Your work reminds me of what Eugene Atget was doing for Paris 110 years ago. And I've developed a respect for these FSU 35mm rangefinders. THe Fed 2 with Industar 10 is my favorite now. Photos posted soon! Such a backlog to scan....</p>

<p>Thanks <strong>Mike, Chuck, Keith</strong>. These efforts are very interesting and they keep my enthusiasm going. Thank you <strong>James</strong> for the update. I remember the floating concrete causeway on pontoons across the lake. It looked too severe and so they added a couple of tall fountains at either end. I hope they have not built another concrete causeway to rip through the lake. <strong>Russ</strong>, welcome back. We missed your posts. look forward to pics from your Feds. sp. </p>