Possible addition to PH

This is more for the group making the updates to Photo.net and regarding forum

http://www.photo.net/casual-conversations-forum/00QEQV about capturing EXIF information. I have written a PHP module

for my own website to capture and display certain EXIF fields from images I upload including lens focal length,

Aperture, shutter speed, and ISO.

I am willing to share my code if you are interested so that all images would have a uniform appearance including

these settings. However if any image resizing is done, such as with the GD library in PHP, the EXIF data is

overwritten/lost.

Please contact me by email if you are interested in the code I've written - EXIF headers are sort of complex to

parse through and pull specific data so having my code may help.

Chris.

I don't think photo.net uses PHP, or at least we never used to. The whole site was originally built using Tcl. I don't know if that's changed recently. Jin would be the expert on that topic.

The reason for the use of Tcl was probably the tight integration with AOL sever, the server software that photo.net was built on for historical reasons.

My own site(s) run PHP/MySQL and Apache, so I'm certainly not the guy to ask about the internal workings of photo.net (Tcl, Oracle and AOL server)!