Possibilities for a 94 mpX (verison simulation) Canon

Discussion in 'Canon EOS' started by kill muff, Jan 9, 2010.

1. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can wire 4 or more eos censors together to run a rig system off a coupled crystal processor. In simple terms, how can I make a single big censor using 2 from an HD flip video camera, one from an old PC webcam and one from an infrared security camera (the bypass 3 censor strata-dataification 8). Yes, I am aware that TGA PinConnect makes cold-brimator chip connectors with version simulation. How do I know when the signal is tethered to TimeReel instead of an offset register device? If anyone can help with the datafication translation, that would be great. thanks

2. are you talking about for video or photo? For photo, just stitch multiple photos, this is the equivalent of using one big sensor.

3. What would be the application for such contraption?

4. Hello Raffy,
    00VSLb-208117584.jpg

5. Nathan, that would be just a passive process based on 0.02 pixel pitch. Angel, this would be used in automotive screening and cluster velocity based software. In some rare occasions, for determining probability tests for UDS color field work. The problem is that the EOS censor fails to get rid of residual magnetic charges in lower temperatures, so taking it up to the Antarctic would be a snap to boot it but it'll only be running on TGA PinConnect.

6. John, I would like to think that a picture of a bunny with a breakfast item as a hat would help me with this problem. Unfortunately, it helps a little but can it buy me another set of TGAs?

7. Raffy,
    One question: How does your brain fit inside your head?

8. Jamie, I didnt come here to get teased.

9. Raffy,
    You are asking a very technical question in a general group. I would suggest you either rephrase the question so we can at least try to answer or take the question to a more technically oriented group.

10. We have no idea what you're talking about. To make it worse you said, "In simple terms...blah blah blah." BTW, I like John's comment. Maybe NASA can help you with this.

11. Are you building a Gonculator or Retro-encabulator?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXJKdh1KZ0w

12. Raffy, most people on this site know how to use a camera and software but few know how the electronics inside the camera work.
    I am aware that TGA PinConnect makes cold-brimator chip connectors with version simulation.​
    I have an electronics degree but I don't understand that at all
    However it sounds as if you are trying to tie 4 chips from different cameras together. I strongly suspect that this will be much harder than you suspect do the differences between the chips. For example the chips from the video camera are probably single color chips. Some video cameras use prisms and mirror to split the incoming light into 3 beams. Each beam is received by one chip. One chip for red, another for green, and a third for blue, and each with an associated color filter. The IR chip is likely black and white with no filter while the others probably have built in IR filters. Each chip will also have different signal outputs plus different power and control electronics.
    So in summary each of the chips you have see light differently than the others (some are single color while others are black and white), have different outputs (some may be serial, while others are parallel, with different frame rates (pictures per second), and different voltage and signal control requirements. To build a system to translate all the signals together to get one output is a task any engineer would find difficult. Without detailed specifications for each chip it is likely impossible.
    Also I doubt the 4 chips will get you 94 megapixals. HD video has higher resolution than regular TV but it is not as high as a still camera. According wikipedia the highest resolution for HD video (there are several different types) is 1920 X 1080 pixels or 2.07Mpix. So assuming that number applies to all of your chips the best you can get is 8.3Mpix. My outdated Canon 5D MkI is 12.8Mpix. Additionally HD video chips would not outperform a DSLR in terms of image quality due to noise and color variations in the pixels.
    It would be helpful to know why you want to do this. That way we might be able to suggest a better way. For example using Canon or Photoshop software, I can take 8 pictures and join them together to create a picture with almost 100Mpix of resolution. In fact people have used this approach to achieve 1000Mpix images (it takes a lot of computer processing time). NASA does this regularly with Hubble space telescope.

13. maybe you could melt all 4 of them in a pot on the stove and then freeze them in a square mold to get the big chip.

14. Hello again Raffy,
    I have just read your equally incomprehensible post on the Lieca forum. You have raised the art of technobabble to new heights, I salute you! :)

15. Probably with a cluster of Pentium Pros one could raise the coherence function, then using Dell operators align the unit vectors of each sensor in the phased array; using dels 1-800 number. With 1 megs of L2 cache on each PPro and using server NT the SMP would multiprocess the EOS; but still allow a cacheable FD option at the comand level; or via Gimp. `Other options are Unbuntu under paralells on a hackentosh in a Dos Kernal; running in a protected mode via pif files; directly bypassig the BIOS. By closing the loop on each sensor; the wattage of each can be matched; issuring a stable impedance of each photon; via state analysis. Stall torque is thus raised at current limit; lower tban the fault current.
    The question posed is like the BSOD without any error codes to debug; thus maybe rephasing the question is warranted.

16. Jamie, I didnt come here to get teased.​
    No, you came here to do the teasing. Pity your account probably won't be here tomorrow, little troll.
    I always love the way Gary Oldman said it in the movie version of Lost in Space: "Welcome to oblivion".

17. Raffy, I just noticed your explanation to Nathan. The explanation is not helpful for the following reasons:
    • "passive process based on 0.02 pixel pitch": What passive process and how does pixel pitch relate to it?
    • "automotive screening and cluster velocity based software": Honestly, how many people work with cluster velocity based software? Most of us have never heard the term. So you need to explain what the software does and how that relates to automotive screening. Furthermore what are you screening on the cars or is it something in the factory?
    • "determining probability tests for UDS color field work.": UDS is an abbreviation that is probably only used in the engineering field your are working in. It is meaningless to everyone else. For example do you understand me if I said "the ATM alarm was caused by the FOUP not being aligned". If you work in a semiconductor manufacturing facility you might. But most people would be clueless. You need to specify what UDS means.
    You need to explain what your are trying to do without using any technical terms. I have been writing technical documents for over 10 years now and I cannot see how anyone can help you with the explanation you provided.
    The problem is that the EOS censor fails to get rid of residual magnetic charges in lower temperatures, so taking it up to the Antarctic would be a snap to boot it but it'll only be running on TGA PinConnect​
    I doubt magnetic charges are the cause for this. Most semiconductor have no magnetic components in them (most are made from copper, aluminum, and silicon). However in cold temperates there are 2 common problems that can prevent the computer or logic components from working:
    • Cold temperatures are often associated with dry air. In dry air static electricity is a very big problem. Even the air will be charged. I would verify all your wires are properly shielded and that the camera sensor ground is tied to your computer ground. You might also try enclosing everything in electrically conductive plastic. Be sure to seal the bag so static charged air cannot get in. The computer, all wires, and camera would have to be in the bag and it would have to be somewhat transparent so that you can see whats happening.
    • In cold temperatures things shrink. If to wires (such as the hair thin wires that connect the sensor to the rest of the circuit) get to close to each other electrical leakage between them may increase. This may cause intermittent problems or complete failure of all or some of the system. This may require you to enclose the entire system in a heated insulated box. Most canon cameras are only rated for use down to 0C. While this doesn't tell me what the sensor rating is, it probably is not lower than -15C, a temperature which one should expect at the pole. If this is your problem heating the components is your only solution other than finding parts that are rated for colder temperatures.
    Since you mentioned the Antarctic it sounds like you are doing some sort of scientific study. If so why are you disassembling cameras for chips for which you have no technical data for and trying to wire them together? There is no way you can be sure the final product will meet your requirements. You would be better off contacting a company that specialized in cameras and video gear for scientific or manufacturing uses. There is probably an off the shelf camera available from someone that you can use. They could probably tailor a camera and software to your needs and it would probably out perform anything you build with salvaged parts.

18. It's a troll guys. Don't waste your time.

19. Bob, the rabbit made me laugh, so it certainly wasn't a waste of time. Thanks John.
    Anyone asking such a question would at least be able to tell a sensor from a censor and an EOS from a Flip.

20. Be fair guys. How the hell else is he going to screen automotives in the Antarctic!

21. I'm also bemused by "taking it UP to the Antarctic".....where are you starting from exactly?

22. I second Nathan's solution. Brilliant.

23. Just make sure the Flux Capacitor is working properly and you will be ok.

24. The only thing that I'm sure of is that I have saved the image on the bunny and I'm going to use it. SOON!

25. Bob, are you saying that you are not open to theoretical expectation mechanics? Sensors have come along way since sony's semiconductor.

26. Steven, all I was trying is that a force (AFM) observations show that under specific growth conditions, step flow shift has taken place, independent of the HD sensor layer thickness. For the surface morphology and roughness in 105μm x 105μm areas, we attain values of root-mean-square (rms) as high as 300 nm for the best luminance sample. XDL investigations of the compressive orthorhombic biaxial layer pitch indicate that the relaxation may not network a conventional expected relaxation, and as evidenced for Rxm films epitaxially manufactured by radio sputtering. Grow of the layer with mismatch 15 % of a lattice generate inordinately large density defects.
    The devices will only be used on the field through charge distributions. Maybe the wrong forum for this question. EOS sensors have relatively low d-states.

27. Oh boy, I don't understand what you say either - sorry. But I noticed you mention cooling the sensor to a lower temperature, which doesn't work with current sensors. Well some people have been experimenting with old EOS300D/Rebel (CCD sensor), which makes a very nice response to cooling down (a small fan clears up the signal more than 10 times, i.e. ISO100 noise @ ISO1600). If I'd want to experiment with camera sensors, the 300D Rebel would be the camera to get...

28. Stanley Unwin lives again!

29. "Stanley Unwin lives again!"

Hardly, Raffy isn't even close to Unwin's mastery of Gobbledegook.
    Anyway Robin, thanks for the reminder, it brings back many happy memories!

30. Steven, all I was trying is that a force (AFM) observations show that under specific growth conditions, step flow shift has taken place, independent of the HD sensor layer thickness.​
    A big problem with the AFM approach is that the total scanning area is limited to just about 200 micrometers squared. Obviously, this is orders of magnitude smaller than typical sensors intended for single shot captures.
    Assuming that extended view times are possible, I'd suggest trying stitching together accumulated fields. Stepper stage precision and repeatability issues might be dominant, however.
    Look to Lucas-Kanade class optical flow algorithms for identifying identical features field to field. Maybe use motion templates for a first order positional estimate.
    Note that the AFM returns true depth information. So, I'd start thinking about LK extensions for this additional dimensional axis.
    Finally, Raffy, I don't think this effort is quite good enough for a try at the Loebner Prize yet. Get in touch with Eugene Goostman. He's a rather friendly chap but a bit hard to reach. You can also try Vladimir Veselov at the Mozhaisky Military Space Engineering Institute, in St. Petersburg, Russia.

31. I'm also bemused by "taking it UP to the Antarctic".....where are you starting from exactly?​
    He's a troll, you know where they come from. From the, err... "underworld", all destinations in the real world are "up".
    In the case of this troll, it appears he's using one of the dozens of "random jargon generating" programs on the net, fed with the MIT "allwords" list, then a few replacements of the resulting technobabble with relevant Canon or photographic terms, such as the deliberately misspelled "censor". Here's one from a medical jargon generator
    Non-toxic non-permissive methodologies show that Raffy has novel upstream agents in his non-androgenic pathophysiological pathway.​
    I only added "show that" "Raffy has" and "in his", the random generator did the real work. Random generators are fun...
    All attempts to analyze the baryon disturbance with the alternate polarizing coil have failed. Our problems with the tertiary polarizing regulator might be resolved by using the primary ionizing transducer. We need the high-energy tachyon polarizing regulator to stop the decay of the focused star before the ship is destroyed!​
    No matter what you need, from random Alanis Morisette style songs, to electronics jargon, to kung-fu movie scripts, there's a random generator out there for it...
    Now, I am quite disappointed in Raffy's trolling this time around. Have a look at his posting history, he only does this every few years, and the last one was very wild, talking about the "romantic" quality of Hasselblad vs. Mamiya lenses. That was a much better effort than his current trolling, it required paragraphs of actual creative writing. This one just requites a few clicks to get the basic paragraph of technobabble, then the insertion of "EOS", "censor", etc...
    It's hard to get decent trolls any more.

32. Raffy, I know how to do it and have done it thousands of times, even with the couple charge inverted to get fluctuations out of the magnetic plate. But since you have all the concepts wrong I think you should work on your idea at least for the next 12 years in your basement, and then you will know the correct questions to ask.
    Best,
    Diego.

33. Robert, am I correct in understanding AFM is Atomic Force Microscope?

34. The last time I attempted a similar project I needed to research some lesser known coordinated non-sequential determinants on CMOS-CCP. Pragmatic cross-disciplinary parameters just don't apply. A computerized transformational dialogue with contemporary educative insights was extremely helpful. If you can tweak a coordinated terminological reappraisal back towards a more intuitive vertically-structured context, then I think you'll have it.
    Dang it, the pancake fell off my head again.

35. Canon Sucks. Use Nikon.

36. If you didn't come here to be teased where do you go?

37. Where did that come from...Robert?

38. What do you plan to do, make an image the size of KANSAS?

39. I think Joseph W hit it on the head.

40. I have been reading this threat and am amazed that no one has pointed out that the scheme can’t work due to the coriolis effect. This will interfere with the spin coupling, which of course is need for this whole thing to work. Then there is the photon to electron state decoherence with as we all know created problem in the hyper fine structure of the resonate state equations.

41. I have came to Photo.net quite a few times now for for over a year for general photographic advice, Nikon film and Canon digital, and i have always been blessed with much honest (i hope!) advice and numerous suggestions that have been of great help and inspiration to me. In addition i have learned much from reading numerous posts and the many responses placed on photo.net by other members and thus i have very much felt a 'part' of this world-wide friendly community that profess a love for PHOTOGRAPHY ...
    But tonight, whilst relaxing after the long happy day that has been my wee daughter's 4rth birthday (with my Guiness and my large dram beside me), not only have i learned something tonight - not sure what - but i have been greatly entertained! What a great post, pertinent and insightful responses, and what a great photograph of a wabbit and a PANCAKE - priceless!
    Thank you Raffy!
    I think i know what a troll is now!
    Donaldo
    :))

42. Most/all CCD and CMOS sensors have a non-sensor "border" around them, so tiling them will leave large areas between each sensor, with the "wall-of-TVs" image result. If this is all you have ...... There seem to be easier ways to achive higher pixel-count formats, using only 3 sensors, that reduce the computational effect of non-sequential determinants to negligible levels, and also circumvent any coriolis-effect restrictions. Lab-coat time everyone, and do not remove them until the safety light indicates it is safe to do so.
    As hinted at in a previous post, take a page from the 3-sensor video cameras: use a dichroic prism behind the lens brand of your choice, and then get 3 sensors of your choice, one for each color channel. 24Mp sensors seem plentiful now, so a 72Mp system could be built, and might fit inside a Hasselblad 1600. If size is no object, use LF lenses and 3 scanners, as per the .PDF linked in a preceding post.
    Remove the color filter from each sensor, then carefully adjust the focus distance for each color channel sensor for maximum resolution. At a minimum, you'll get 3 exact focus points: APO performance from pre-APO- and non-APO lenses. With experimentation and careful adjustment, you should achieve Super-APO, and maybe better, resolution.
    Now you have some software to write. You must correctly combine the data from each channel, pixel-by-pixel, in addition to the usual camera controls (shutter control, ISO selection, white-balance, etc). As this has already been done for other formats, starting with existing code should be a simple matter.

43. Has anyone checked to see if yoyodyne propuslion systems is missing an oscillation overthruster?

44. I thought this post was about censorship, not electronics or cameras.
    I like what Kelly Flanigan said. Makes about as much cense as anything else I have read on this thread.
    --Lannie

45. I'm looking for one of these thingamajigs also. I saw one once, but it had a scratch.

46. Thank you, Joseph W, for the educational post. I wasn't aware of random generators, but it was obvious from the start that this was all made up. I've known guys like this in college, that were all talk and made stuff up. But after any sort of discourse, it is quickly evident that certain individuals are full of cr@&.
    Still, this post was good for a quick laugh...before it became tiresome, anyway.

47. The technical aspects of this dialogue create quite a dichotomy between reasoned and rational discourse and the highly theoretical permutations broached by quasi-mathematical integration of a futuristic reality. However, urgency suggests the more pressing question needing to be answered is "How do they train rabbits to do that and not eat the pancake?"

48. The best way to run 4 eos censors together is t0 bypass the flux capacitor after reversing the resistors and then Connect the strata-dataification directly to the censor wire lead thus tethering the signal as you are trying to accomplish. OK so I don't know what I am talking about either. Wish I understood your question but then again I probally would have spent all my time in school learning all of that technical stuff and would have not spent any time taking pictures. LOL (That means laugh out loud just in case you don't know what that means) Anyway, good luck getting your answer. Maybe if you post it in enough places somebody will be able to help you out.
    Thanks,
    David

49. I think we've had enough fun for now.