Posing Table?

denny_kyser

Hey, if it works it's not lame :)

The chair thing is one of my favs actually because it's more flexible in some ways than a "posing table". I have also used a professional music stand (which worked great), an old work bench and various pieces of small custom furniture and pedestals I got from a clothing store long ago.

Also, if you are a little inclined to work with your hands you could easily make your own for less than $70.00

I rarely use any of it anymore though...it was too "confining" for the work I do...

Lots of people I know who do portrait work (pro studios) use a woodworking 'work holder' from Home Depot or Lowe's. These can be purchased for about $30 - $50 and will clamp lots of differnt things (padded booard, old chairbacks, flat plywood with attached 2 x 4, window, etc...) and will let you adjust the height of the materials. They fold up for getting them out of the way too. They cost lots less than the $150 for 'the real thing' and are way more flexible. I have a clamp and stand affair based on a c-stand base I have, or I use a chair back as well. The Home Depot version is still about the best I have see for the price.

Cecil Thornhill

www.ridgelight.net