Portraits shot with classic cameras

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had the crown mounted on a camera flip bracket on a tripod, camera on its side, flash flipped up straight, after focusing on the gg,I attached my film back, closed the lens, she then moved &*^&%$^@#, after several minutes, I got the shot : )

Great portrait Russ, my son loves the old cameras too, what lens does your rollei have?, i just bought an old rolleicord with the xenar lens, i havent gotten it yet, supposed to get it this week. looking forward to trying it out, nice image lionel, i hate having my picture made, but i love taking them. cool little camera urs was taken with, i just bought a retina 1a about a week ago, great cameras

Thanks Russ,

The stereo shot was actually posed, but like John's subject that got bored, mine turned. Try setting up two 2x3 cameras, both focused correctly, both lens shifts set correct for stereo, both shutters set, both apertures set, both verticle shifts set to perfectly align the horizontal plane, and leveled, pull both dark slides and use a dual cable release. It's not an easy feat to get a good pair. I think when I shot this I was looking at the bubble levels, and she turned to talk to someone right then. I took alot of pictures that day and also 24 stereo shots. Old cameras ROCK !