Portrait location ideas

jon_shumpert2

<p>Hi, my wife,son and I are visiting her parents in New Port Richey Florida. My wife wants me to do family portraits tomorrow and I am trying to come up with ideas for outdoor portraits. I brought along a simple light setup with one lightstand, an umbrella/flash adapter, and 2 sb-800 flashes. I was originally planning on doing the family portrait inside, but she was thinking of trying to do outside photos. Does anyone have suggestions for good local sights? We will most likely be doing it in the late afternoon around 4-5pm. Thanks for any suggestions. </p>

<p>Jon, Some great places. I moved here 6 months ago and still getting my gear unpacked and scouting different locations as I prepare to open shop. Weather tomorrow, Monday, is sunny and 68 degrees. Honeymoon beach has parking lots close to the water line so no long walk or carry over soft sand and a setting sun over water. Admission to the park is $4 for a car with one person, I think $6 or 8 for more than one occupant and about 18 miles from New Port Richey. Compliments of recommendations from Ralph Oshiro here on a post several below this one, am shaking down a new beach cart with wide air filled tires, cases to keep out sand tomorrow. I am planning to be setting up at Honeymoon tomorrow afternoon about 3, shooting til sun down and will be using at least a 3' octa and if no wind, a 5' with warming partial gold liners or egg crates if desired and 2 or 3 einsteins and batteries. If you want to meet up, email me. My recent test there was with speedlights, umbrella as you are doing, but with the einstein power and larger and more controllable modifiers, opens more possibilities. You are welcome to collaborate on set ups and use your camera for some shots and I'll be glad to provide some edited shots. Glad to help out a fellow pnet person. </p>

<p>If you go back to visit another time, just north of Port Richey is Hudson Beach, where the canal that the shrimp boats use to go to the gulf would make an interesting background for you. It would be nice in morning light, toward the end of the canal where it meets the gulf waters.</p>