Portable Fog Machines

nathan_david1

Is there such thing as a fog machine that is portable and can be run off battery power or something of that sort?

How do you guys use fog machines on location?<br>

I'm planning a shoot at an abandoned farm property and am thinking a fog machine might add some interesting

atmosphere.<br>

Thanks.

Check this out at Amazon.com. Similar machines can be found In K-mart, target or walmart stores during the Halloween season. I believe that they run on Ac but I believe you could run one on a cheap inverter hooked up to your car battery. I have never used one or seen one in action. Another way to go might be dry ice and hot water. Hope this helps

There are portable butane (?) powered garden foggers that work perfectly if you can put up with the noise. I used the electric version in my studio for years with the available photography fog fluids. They about 20 inches long, 8-10 inches high with a handle and large fluid reservoir. They used to cost under $50.00....don't know the cost now.

Most consumer grade fog machines take 400 to 1300 watts; one is heating up the gycol brew. Battery powerered fog machines such as the Rosco unit is so one has more control. There is the 700 buck M-1 unit from Antari that draws just 75 watts; it runs on a 12 volt battery; 2.3 Ah; it puts out 300 cubic ft per minute; where one was a dab of fog. The German Tiny F07 weights in at 310 grams; warms up in 1/2 second and puts out fog for 10 minutes on its battery; one can fire it off with a remote. In LA there are alot of places that rent fog machines; in the midwest its more for halloween, gags, plays than movie work.