Portable card reader and viewer

craig_frank

<p>I have a Samsung Galaxie Tab 3 with 7" screen that I could use this way. Got an "OTG" (On the Go) Smart card reader for it so I could transfer images from SD cards to and from the tablet. But I don't seem to be able to. </p>

<p>When the OTG reader is inserted into the slot in the tablet, and an SD card is mounted, nothing happens. I don't know how to access the images on the card. Anyone have an idea? Do I need an app for this? I thought the reader would be just like an auxiliary drive on a PC.</p>

<p>[[i don't know how to access the images on the card. Anyone have an idea?]]<br>

If you are looking for pure file management, you will need to use an app that allows you to browse the file structure. I really like "ES File Explorer."</p>

<p>[[i thought the reader would be just like an auxiliary drive on a PC.]]<br>

In a sense, it is. The tablet isn't going to "do" anything unless you instruct it to. Your native photo viewer should have no problem seeing JPG photos on the card. If you're shooting RAW you'll need an app that can either read the embedded JPG image or, if you want to truly edit the RAW file and spit out a rendered JPG, an application like "Photo Mate."</p>

<p>Thanks for all the suggestions. I guess I'll just continue to take my laptop along. I was hoping I could find something a little smaller to use. Don't really want to buy another tablet device. I already have a Nook and a Kindle Fire. Was hoping I could find something that would work with one of those.</p>