Poor quality rechargeable NiMH batteries from LENMAR

frank_skomial

<p>Just got pack of Nickel Metal Hydrate Batteries from LENMAR, made in China.<br>

Using multiple "BREAK-IN" cycles on MAHA MHC9000 WizardOne Charger Analyzer, finally I made some of them usable.<br>

The batteries have capacity rated 2000 mAH, but none of them can hold that much.<br>

From 8-pack, there are capacities achieved: 1772, 1749, 1741, 1729, 1407, 1405, 937, 191. This is certainly far below from advertised or expected. Two of them are too low to use for flash, vertical camera grip, or external flash battery pack use. It you use a battery charger that does not compute actual battery capacity, you will never know and this could mean disaster, for an event that you must depend on batterries.</p>

<p>Can you share your experiences and data ?</p>

<p>I know, ... you get what you paid for...</p>

<p>Thanks,<br>

Frank</p>

<p>Several years ago, one of our hardware store chains had an auction ... a pack of 4 NiMh Batteries (2000mAh nominal) for 5Euros ... I bought two packs ... guess what, not even one cell of the 8 was good. I just returned them all.<br>

-- "you get what you paid for"<br>

indeed.</p>

<p>Regarding NiMH -<br>

I have had great luck with - Sanyo Eneloop, MAHA Imedion and Duracell.<br>

I had issues with several cheapie no name brands and with Rayovac too, alas.<br>

In my factory, we went thru a slew of crappy sealed lead acid cells (for exit signs and emergency lighting). In every case the bad units were from China.<br>

Just my casual observations - Jim.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I've only ever bought OEM camera batteries but the sense I get from Nikon forums is that cheap clone batteries are absolutely to be avoided.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I didn't know Nikon made rechargeable AAs. Thanks for the heads up.</p>

<p>Anyways....I've had good luck with Duracell and Energizer batteries; the Energizer batteries are rated for higher mAH, but I haven't noticed a difference between the two brands. I've been using them in my F100, SB-800 and SB-600.<br /> <br /> I've wanted to get some Sanyo Eneloops, but I'll probably wait until I'm ready to buy a better charger and order them with. The Maha charger is probably the one I'll get, although I've been deciding between it and the 8-cell Powerex.</p>