Polaroid Land Camera Model 95A

clark_king1

I know the Camera. It was built for the 2 roll film and that has not been made in years. The modifications to use current films are expensive and silly. A pack camera (180, 195 ect.) is cheaper and better. These cameras are very limited in close focus. Best thing is to remove the lens, It is either a Yserex or a Tomilon, (127mm) and they are both good tessar types. They cover 4x5. There is no press focus so you need a locking cable release to use it. The differance between a 95A and a 95B is the B has provision for f90 for use with 3000 speed film and a better rangefinder. Removing the lens does not destroy the camera. It can be returned to original at any time.

I would have to disagree with you Fred! My conversions are neither expensive nor silly! The Polaroid 95 camera becomes a very serious contender in the pursuit of a sharp image, being both lightweight and simple in operation as well as folding up to compact proportions. Whilst not fitted with a rangefinder, judging distance to subject is not so important when using such a small aperture as f45 or f90.

Whether you slip in a double dark or a Readyloader the big neg is hard to beat. Using the supplied groundglass screen and fitting an original Polaroid closeup diopter, focusing down to 14 inches or less is possible for little cost. Long live the Land!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have one in very good conditions. But due as you know the rollfilm is discontinued, I adapted it to shoot with 4x5 b&w film clices.

All you have to do is take out four screws on the inside back film frame, have the patience to change every shot you make (just like in the xix century!... ja, that�s what I call nostalgia), and develope.

The lens quality is good, and when you print the images, you�ll be happy to do it.