Polaroid land camera model 95A

The camera, as is, is worth virtually nothing. A little known fact, however, is that you can shoot 4X5 sheet film in it without altering anything. The bad news is, you can only use one sheet at a time. Then it's back to the changing bag or darkroom to reload. I got out the hacksaw and converted my 95 to 120 roll film. The shutter/aperture combination numbers on these things don't seem to be widely understood, as to what they really mean. I have the info on these if anyone is interested. In real speeds/stops.

Niccoli:

I have a Polaroid 110A that I transformed to shoot 4x5. This camera has the identical body as yours, but different lens. It took me a rainy afternoon, a hacksaw, plumber's epoxy and a cheap wood picture frame to do it, cost $7.00.

I would not convert it to regular polaroid film, as it is quite expensive and cannot be enlarged. I decided that it was easier to transform it to shoot 4x5.

If you email me I can send you pictures of the transformation. I use the six-shooter Grafmatic for 4x5, I have two of them, so 12 pictures. My camera can be fitted with the regular film holders, just carry two of them and you have 4 pictures.

The lens of the 95A is not that great, you may think of fitting another lens to this camera. The Kodak Anastigmat of the Kodak Autographic 3A model C, covers 4x5 very nicely and this lens is quite small, can be had at your favorite auction site for almost nothing.

These Polaroid are nice cameras. It is good that you are thinking of reviving one of these. The EV numbers that Polaroid uses are totally useless and confusing. That is why their system did not survive.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Niccoli.

If you're interesting to take picture with your Polaroid 95A. I will recommend to convert it to 120 roll film. I did convert a Polaroid 95A to use 120 roll film and I can choose 4 different formats for my camera. The pictures look excellent, it doesn't take much time to convert one to 120 roll film. Just be careful, if you want to do it yourself you can contact me. Minh