Polaroid Confusion

The last time I used Polaroid film was during the peal-apart P/N era. Now I think I want to shoot SX-70 type B&W film, mostly for landscapes, but I can't decide which camera to use. I was thinking of the Polaroid Pronto but that seems to be no longer available. Or is it? What would be the best camera for me? I would rather not spend a great deal of money. Suggestions please.

I wasn't asking about the SX-70 camera, but rather other cameras like the Polaroid Pronto that takes SF-70 film.

Well, you were telling us you were unsure what camera to use SX70 film in. Said nothing about already having decided it should be a Pronto.

Anyway, the SX-70 camera still is the best choice.

Both SX-70 type cameras, and fixed mirror (old) Polaroid cameras are easily available

on the used market.

I suspect that the fixed mirror cameras are more likely to still work right, and also might

be cheaper. Though the film isn't cheap, so not much need to skip on camera price.

Actual SX-70 are more popular for collectors, unlike the others.

The Impossible Project, now named Polaroid, also makes (or contracts to have made)

cameras.

As well as I know it, when Dr. Land found out about all the discards from the peel apart

process spreading around national parks and other tourist sites, he decided to build

a system that didn't have those.

Until not so many years ago, Fuji was producing the peel apart film packs.

-- glen