Polaroid 4x5 P100D chrome film shelf life?

I just acquired a view camera and in the case were some open and unopened 20-packs of Polaroid film...all the boxes I looked at had 1993 expiration dates.

I gave up experimenting with 2001 expired Type 59 & got rid of it - the color shift was fun initially, but when less than half the sheet was developed, it was too dried out.

Type 55 if too dry, one can process in wet chemistry (treat like it’s ISO Pan X, IIRC...plus aging).

There was a pack of Polaroid P100D E6 Chrome film in there, open but all 20 in there...like someone was preparing & changed their mind...

I assume the Polaroid paper sleeves are less airtight than plastic packaging roll film comes in, and the shelf life probably more questionable.

Anyone ever use it & know if it was a Polaroid recipe or packaged by someone else for Polaroid? Odd size negative vs. std. 4x5 film?

Basement temperature, not refrigerated...this may be a curiosity more than anything.

Thanks

Murray

Murray

I used this back in the day--the film is Fujichrome and the size is slightly different from standard 4x5. Jobo made special reels for this that fit their tanks; I don't know if it will fit standard dip and dunk holders that many professional labs use. A roller transport machine big enough for 4x5 should work. As for its condition at this point, I wouldn't expect perfect color or full film speed, but you might be pleasantly surprised.