PolaFlector by Weaks - anyone?

Discussion in 'Lighting Equipment' started by tom_cheshire, Mar 8, 2013.

  1. Ok folks, here is the question: have you heard of something called a PolaFlector made by Weaks in TX? I believe this would be considered a "vintage" item to most. This item is, basically, a polarizing filter about 6" across circular in an aluminum cylinder about 8" deep with clips on the back to attach over your studio hot light. The PolaFlector comes in other sizes. Anyway a search on the web produced no mention of the product or existance of the company. I'm guessing the item to be from the '70s to '80s.
    I was "gifted" with a box load of the things and other funnel shaped aluminum reflectors. No paperwork with them that says anything worthwhile. Basically these are for product shots I am guessing when there needs to be no reflection from the product.
  2. I'm not sure what your question is... But polarising light is a standard procedure used for photographing highly reflective surfaces. I've known it to often be used for photographing paintings, for reproduction work, as it can help to reduce the specular highlighting on the canvas and brush strokes.
  3. Are you interestedin selling them?
  4. Ellis said: Are you interestedin selling them?​
    Yes, very interested.

Share This Page