"Poesie Lyrique", Paris

Agree with everyone. As Bill said, colour works perfect.

Indeed, such capture is immersing us into the picture, what is harder to sense with B&W. Feels like the contrast was increased, yet works perfect.

I've recently participated in a Poetry Slam at High School I'm in, having a fourtune of winning the second place.

For me, it is more interesting to hear francophones, singing or reading Poetry... plus, it's Paris. Notre Essentiel.

Thank you all for the comments, very much.

Alex, were you that guy with the big camera?

And Frank, this was "from the strap" (camera hanging from the strap around my neck) as I walked by, my usual mode of shooting. I've nothing against bringing the camera to my eye to compose, but seldom have the opportunity to do so without jeopardizing the shot.

The shot is a partial crop (about 10-15% is missing, mostly the rest of the unseen guy in the right foreground). I did boost the contrast, and used photoshop "shadow/hilites" to bring down the sky and especially the table, and bring up the shadows (especially his coat. I then also used curves to bring out his face.

I took 2 shots, about a second apart, and this was from the second. It was a noisy street, and I don't think he was aware.

Dunno. There were almost no << 8-) >> people with cameras in Paris, so it could've been.

The EXIF data on the pic above says 2007:05:05 13:24:59, local time.

The weather was great - hope you had as good a time as we did Alex.