Podcasting News

Podcasts are hot right now. If you haven’t thought about starting your own or choosing to take part in someone else’s, you probably listen to one.

from The RodeCaster Pro is the Near Perfect All in One Podcasting System

I find the opinions expressed on LensRentals.com to be unusually reliable, FWIW.

If you like this sort of thing you will like this.

But I am not in the target audience.

• I can read the content of a 'podcast' in a small fraction of the time the 'cast takes to get to the point
    • that's why most people who can, would rather read a book than listen to it.

• I am an old fuddy-duddy

• get off my lawn

• to follow most of these thingies you have to be on social media - something i consider to be akin to having a social disease.

All the same, many (most?) of your interests are not like mine, so I thought you-all might be interested

• Like 4

As self-centered as most of your so-called points are. Casual is casual, and apparently YOU find defending "podcasting for everyone" perfectly appropriate.

Uninformed?

That would be true if this were a forum about podcasting equipment

My statement's truth ??

This seems like a trivial thing to "get into it" over. Different strokes - my wife is an advanced weaver and loves to listen to books while weaving - I don't find audible books appealing, even on long haul road trips. We all have our info / 'tainment preferences and shouldn't begrudge others their pleasures. Edited by Sandy Vongries
  • Like 2

when the choice is ill-conceived

Must be a slow day Phil - hopefully most of us make more positive choices than negative ones. Except at the extremes, which, IMO, doesn't include the subject of this thread, isn't it all pretty subjective?

" Live and Let Live" - been a while since I heard that one.

huh ??

You know, for a long while I've wondered about the uniform you are wearing in your photo. (If the photo is of you, that is.) May I ask what it is? Uhlans? Royal Fusiliers? Boy Scouts? Third Argyles? (or one from the Goon Show) Third Useless Foot?

My own image is not me though it's close, both in morphology and personaity: Big John Falstaff. :-)

I like podcasts,

tho I've not listened to a photography podcast. I listen to mostly music podcasts while driving, mostly (but not always) late at night.and always where there's no radio that suits my taste. Podcasts feature wide ranging subject matter, can be super informative and are hosted by people who are immersed in the content or subject. It's a simple way of keeping up with The World as it spins. I also live-stream radio stations from around the USA that I've found over the years- and like.

Most (or many) people nowadays (in the 21st century) have "smart" phones, and so also have The Internet in their hands or pocket, in a backpack or bag, or on the seat beside them. The World Wide Web is simply one tool among many, one source for information among many, one way to "keep up" with people etc- among many.

Use it as you will or don't -whichever, your preference- and

have a nice day.