Plus X

<p>Well it's been quite a while since I'vve been here. Long story. One day I'll share it. Is it true tha PXP has been discontinued in 35 mm too? I know the 120 went away a while ago (I bought out just about all of Unigue photos stock) They had none of the 35 today, and I'm thinking I may have to go mail order (if any one still has stock. If it has gone away, when was it discoed?</p>

<p>I will tell you that ORWO UN54 is a great and maybe better replacement for Plus-X. Sold though only in 35mm and 100-1000 foot rolls. But I get 400 foot rolls at $150.00 or less it depends on the country you are in. Oh Kodak killed Plus-X dead in B&W Movie film too. As for 120 in the tone of Plus-X well I have a few ideas but.....</p>

<p>I went to the ORWO site and after sending them a short message<br>

I came upon this below the photos<br>

Kodak Xtol, 1:1, 20C<br /> UN-54 - 8min<br /> N-74 - 12min<br /> <br /> Rodinal 1:50, 20C<br /> UN-54 - 10min<br /> N-74 - 13min<br /> <br /> Kodak HC110 (1+3) + (1+15)<br /> UN-54 - 7min 30sec<br /> <br /> Inversions first 30s and then two inversions of Paterson tank each minute.<br /> This times are just starting point for finding out you personal processing times.<br /><br>

Thank you Goran<br>

____________<br>

*** my question for PN is what do these hc-110 dillutions mean.<br>

I read the Covingtom hc-110 page and it suggests direct dilition<br /><br>

stock then diluted? would the dilution actually be 1:45 ?<br /> <br>

as I looked up other iso 100 films and the Rodinal times were also given for iso 50<br /><br>

which would be better for really old cameras like the Argus a<br /><br>

or an old Kodak Pony.<br /><br>

</p>

<p>May still be some individual rolls (24 exp and 36 exp) available in a few places, but they are going fast. Luckily I have a couple of 100' rolls and about a dozen singles in the freezer as well as three pro paks of 120 Plux-X. That gives me some time to transition into something else. BTW, is Orwo UN 54 available in the USA?</p>

<p>Larry:<br>

<br />Yeah I like how the UN54 is working out. Been fun trying different developers and times But my last roll so far is my fav. I havent been out much so far this spring/summer but should get shooting soon and when I do I will be shooting lots of UN54. <br>

<br />I need to get off my kiester and order some more though but cash is short these days</p>

<p>Walter, that HC-110 dilution, (1+3)+(1+15), can be explained as follows.<br>

The 1+3 is the dilution to "stock" solution, starting from the thicker US syrup. One part syrup to three parts water.<br>

The 1+15 is mixing one part "stock" solution with 15 parts water. That's twice the dilution of Dilution B (which is 1+7 from "stock"), sometimes unofficially called "Dilution H".<br>

This dilution would be the same as 1 part syrup to 63 parts water.<br>

They are using "Dilution H" because the developing time would be too short (3:45) for uniform results at Dilution B. (The time at "Dilution H" is normally twice the time at Dilution B, which makes sense since you are using half as much developer.)</p>

<p>yes I now have NO PAPER staying up last night until late<br>

copying charts from the massive dev chart.<br>

and thanks for the dilution explanation.<br>

I was interested to see dk50 and Dektol were listed as film developers.<br>

no thanks I will use d-76. or Rodinal.</p>