plugs for durst cls 501 head?

nickolas tudge

i have just purchaced a durst cls 501 from a camera shop (none of the staff worked there when the enlarger was in use or know about this) there are 2 cables coming from the head, the thicker one I am assuming is for power this has the broken remains of a three pin plug which goes to the transformer, does anyone know what kind of plug this is and where I could find one? ive been googling 3 pin plugs and cant find anything that looks like what's already on there or like the holes on the transformer socket. the other cable has no plug on at all, is this for the timer and if so does it have to be the durst one or can I use the devere timer that I already have? if not do I just plug the power into my timer and ignore the other cable? and if can use the other cable, can I just use a standard british 3 pin? apologies for the barrage of questions hope some of you may be able to help, thanks

nick

Do you have the transformer box for the 501Nickolas? I believe the head plugs into a dedicated voltage stabiliser box. At least my CLS 450 on the Laborator 1000 does.<p>

It might be easier to just replace the plug and socket with standard IEC ones (kettle plug/socket).

<p><br>

Not sure if the 501 has fan cooling, but if it does you need to make sure the blades are balanced properly and the bearings are in good condition. If not you'll get horrendous vibration from the head. Not good for print sharpness!

Edited by rodeo_joe|1