Plans for Lightroom Plugin?

jyoungman

<p>My personal web page still says that my best work is on Photo.net. But that hasn't been true for quite a while; these days I manage my images with Lightroom, and since it has plugins for uploading to Picasa and Flickr, I upload my photos there. While the quality of discussion is better on this site than on Flickr, I just don't upload photos here because the process is cumbersome. Are there any plans to provide a Lightroom plugin to make this less of a pain?</p>

<p>I'll be honest, James - I'm a little perplexed. Are you uploading entire shoots, dozens+ of images at a time? Or - when you're talking about your <em>best</em> work - is it a photo here, a photo there, maybe a couple per day, every day?<br /><br />My point is that it's ... what? A couple or three mouseclicks to drop a photo into your portfolio here? The most tedious part would be typing in a few words as a caption for it. I suppose I can see your point if you really are uploading very large number of photos to PN, but that's not really what this venue is all about, I don't think.</p>

I do faster uploads to Facebook in LR than I do in PN because I can export directly with proper sizing and Jpeg conversion directly all in one collection after I have edited in that collection. I admit that loading two or three pictures to my PN gallery ain't that big a deal but I think the LR connection is pretty damn slick when I upload a hundred or so pics at a time to facebook on an organizational site. With a lot of my photos uploading to PN on Canon Thursday means a conversion from Tif or raw, and resizing to 700 on the long side as I don't normally convert to those small sizes and saving a new file before I even login to PN to then post the pictures by re-opening my file again to find the picture. I just believe it easier in LR and very occasionally I will replace a whole file in a PN folder collected from several different personal files. I would not discount James' point.

<p>A Lightroom plugin falls under the "it would be nice, but..." category. It's a neat idea, but to be honest, I'm not convinced that it would address the needs of a large enough percentage of the site's users to be put up high on the "to do" list.</p>

<p>That having been said, I'm not against the idea at all.</p>