places to photograph near Dallas Fort Worth TX

www.marcinkro.com

<p>This is a good time to visit because it's cooling off. Two places immediately come to mind: the Stockyards area in Ft. Worth, and the Dallas Arboretum. In Dallas, you might like walking around White Rock Lake and the Deep Ellum area. I also find it interesting to watch the tourists around the Texas School Depository (and JFK Memorial) in downtown Dallas. <br>

<br />I'm a Dallas native, and still live in the area, so I know Dallas better than Ft. Worth. But, you can probably find a bit of everything within a 3 hour drive. If you can be more specific, I might be able to give more suggestions.</p>

<p>You might look through the photographs of Justin Turveen to get more ideas. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ninjatune</p>

<p> </p>

<p>If you are serious about junk cars, then one of the best (and largest) is 30-minutes north of DFW in Denton, Texas. It is called <strong>CTC Auto Ranch</strong> (tel. 940-482-3007) and is just north of Denton off of Interstate-35. This places has thousands of junk cars and is well worth the trip. They normally require a $5.00 donation, but it is well worth it. One of my favorite places to shoot when I lived in Dallas area. <br>

For architecture, I highly recommend the <strong>Bass Hall Angels in Ft. Worth</strong>. This building is located in Sundance Square with lots of good restaurants. </p><div>00amGO-494155584.jpg.76db7b789d081d289319a74efb72084d.jpg</div>

Things Texas is known for...

Cattle, high school football, bar-b-que

For cattle - the stockyards would be a good place. Don't forget to go to Billy Bobs - a huge honky tonk bar

For high school football, see if you can get into the new 60 million dollar stadium in Allen, Tx (suburb of Dallas) - some

colleges would love a stadium this nice.

For bar-que there are tons of places. Just ask around. Call the restaurant and ask the manager if you can come by and

take picks of their place, including the smokers.

Finally - get outside the larger cities - look at a map find small towns that are 50 plus miles out, way off the freeway and

drive out there (not using the freeways).