Pixel Level

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by jvf, Jun 11, 2008.

1. jvf

jvf

I often sees the phrase "pixel level" in this forum, what does i mean?
    Viewing the picture at 100%?
    Viewing the picture pixel to pixel depending of ones monitor configuration?
    Or what?

Please help.

2. Magnifying the view until you can actually see the pixels. They'll begin to resemble blocks and squares. Curves and diagonals will appear stair-stepped.

Pixel-peeping is a dangerous obsession, best done only while wearing a tinfoil hat and X-Ray Specs to protect oneself from addiction.

3. Yes, it means 100% viewing so that 1 pixel of the image = 1 pixel of your monitor. I suppose you could go larger, but then you are subject to whatever software you're using filling in the missing information differently.

4. Justin, though it _usually_ means 1 image pixel = 1 monitor pixel, poor software might not give that.

It's conceivable that bad software, while displaying, for example, 100 pixels of image across 100 pixels of monitor might fail to line up the pixel boundaries and you will instead be seeing an average of adjacent pixels. Of course, that won't look very different.

And with most software, zooming to integral multiples of 100% (i.e.200%, 300%, etc) will show the pixels even more easily.

5. jvf

jvf

Thank You for the answers, think I got.

Jens