PISSED OFF FATHER BRIAN

seven

mea culpa down on your knees and toll your beads for 3 days Seven.

Actually, I get an error message when I add a comment to anyone's photo. After I click the confirm, it says "Alice doesn't live here anymore". But the comment is added anyway. Its that server error message. BUT, I cannot add photos to the comment. I did a very cool version of someone's photo today but could not add it to my comment. So, are the servers misbehavin?

I have been able to upload pictures, though. To further complicate matters.

I don't likes it. Nope, don't likes it at all. That error message and not being able to upload piccys on comments. So, the opera???? It ain't over till the fat lady sings! My IE version 6 does the same as your fine fine opera. Mozzilla and anything else probably is doing IT too. NOBODY likes IT!!

Signed:

NOBODY

Brian I posted this problem a week or two ago and it still is not corrected. What happens with me when I attempt to post a photo *AND* information in the "Technical Details" field is...I still get this screen<p>

Subject: No Photo id Message<p>

message and my photo will not post BUT if I take the technical information out of the "Technical Details" field on the Add Photo Page it will post...voodoo?

What version IE? 5.0 gives me scrambled high rated pages, so I tried Opera at Seven's suggestion. I must have checked some wrong boxes because it's outrageously slow and often shows you a blank page until it's loaded the whole thing into memory. I'm not even sure I have the option of going to a higher version of IE on a Mac. I've also been getting an error message when trying to rate . . something about not recognizing the input as an integer. Where I'm at now is I can't tell the difference between problems caused by PN page design, PN temp glitches, browers characterisitics, and wrong browser settings. . . . .

Have there been any attempts to list the browsers that work well for various operating systems and how they should be configured?

Jim, I logged in as you and posted two "photos", one with, and one without Technical Details. Can you describe more fully what you are trying to do when it fails? Is it perhaps a question of how long the Technical Details field is?

Or some character in what you entering that it doesn't like? What other information are you entering and what other checkboxes are your checking?

Last couple days (Apr. 28 & 29) I too have been getting error message after

uploading a comment on any photo. However, when I go back to the photo ratings

& comment page and REFRESH the page, my newly inserted comment is there.

I have NOT attempted to upload any pictures along with one of these comments ,

so have not experienced above related problems.

However - I have encountered ANOTHER, DIFFERENT, PROBLEM ... after seemingly

successfully commenting on a couple images, when then attempted to RATE

THEM, was told I "already rated this picture", and was asked, "do i wish to re-rate

this picture?" - I have tried to re-rate, and STILL my rating is NOT POSTED!

Horrors. Imagine the damage to all those poor souls ratings! Argh! ; )

I've checked one picture specifically -

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo.tcl?photo_id=1439343 - and my rating of

this image still remains un-posted. I have indeed tried to re-rate it but am still

given the message, "you have already rated this image"! What's up with that?

And like I say, despite my attempts to re-rate, my rating is STILL not posted.

BTW - not sure this has anything to do with anything, but in attempting to rate

this image, this photog's

-http://www.photo.net/shared/community-member?user_id=476769 - page

takes F O R E V E R to download.

Hail Mary -(no, not THAT Mary)

Carl I was using IE 5 also. Netscape in the studio and Mozilla at home both work fine.

Brian this problem is occurring when I post a comment on someone's photo. After I hit confirm I get a server error message. The comment posts but I can't get to the page to add an attachment.

I could not add photos to comments. The server error message came on when I clicked the 'confirm' button of the comment, and I could proceed no further; that is, I could not add the photo to the comment. BUT, even though I could not confirm the comment, it loaded successfully. That was last nite.

Now, everything works for me again. I have attached a photo to a comment and I no longer get the server error message. All pages load very very slow for me, but that has been happening for the last 2 weeks. I wonder if the server is slowed down by too many oversized photos? I should check my own in that regard, too.