Pinhole Photography

The lens is somewhat redundant in this situation; either the pinhole is acting as an aperture for the lens, or the lens is superfluous as the pinhole forms the image. I know people have done this, but the only reason I can think of is that the lens might concentrate light into the pinhole and result in a brighter image -- or you might just get an in-focus image of the lens itself, overlayed on the scene...

I would like to clarify my question a little bit. I am looking to get a certain effect

by applying the loupe to the pinhole. I like the pinhole effect, I'm familiar with

it, but I want to do something new or different. I was wondering if anyone had

tried this before or knew of anyone who they can give me to reference, so,

maybe I can find out any common problems with this. Obviously it must be so

different that no one can give me any constructive help. Please only respond

if you can help me by giving me references or technical advise. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
This is not intended to be argumentative but to apply a lens of any kind either in front of or behind a pinhole would seem to negate the idea of the pinhole in the first place and relegate it only to the function of an apperture stop. If the intent is to enlarge or diminish the image, that could be more readily accomplished after the basic image is made. The history of photography is built upon the exploitation and enhancement of the �camera obscura� effect that first employed the �pinhole� principle. The next step was to substitute a simple magnifying lens, then progressively more complicated, and thus more efficient, lenses to improve the quality of the projected image. It is difficult otherwise to understand just what one would wish to accomplish other than recreate the history of the application of lenses to whatever use the final image may have been desired. I hope this does not confuse the issue any further.