Pictures at the bottom of threads

alvinyap

<p>Those pictures are currently sourced only from those photos in your portfolio that you have submitted for ratings. Since on a cursory glance it would appear that of the *two* critique requests you have submitted, only *one* photo was submitted for ratings, there is only one photo to pick from.</p>

<p>I believe there are plans to widen the selection pool, but as it stands now only your rated photos are used.</p>

<p>Many of us don't really care so much for <strong>ratings</strong>, one way or the other [cries of 'just as well'], but I've put pictures up for ratings simply to have some variety in which pictures of mine are displayed.</p>

<p>I find many enchanting pictures I would not probably have seen at all as a result of this new kind of display, which I like a lot.</p>

<p>Ah, that was very illuminating, Michael, thanks for the link! Was pretty sure I saw something like that in one of the news letters but just couldn't find it again. Cheers!</p>

<p>@JDM: Same here, and like you I'll be putting up more for ratings as well :)<br>

<br />Regards,<br>

Alvin</p>

<p>Oh, one other thing, I've read the linked thread on how to submit pictures for ratings, however it does not indicate how the ratings system affects the displayed pictures. Do the pictures show up if I submit them for ratings, but no one rates?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Alvin</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Do the pictures show up if I submit them for ratings, but no one rates?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>They should.</p>

<p>The images are simply randomly chosen from the pile of photos that the users on that thread have submitted for ratings. There is no use of the average ratings or number of ratings or any other "top rated photos" data.</p>