Pics of "Paperclip Trick" for Removing Lens from RB67 with a Jammed Cocking Lever?

blanston

<p>I have been poking around with my 'clip for about an hour without success. I have heard the legend of pics depicting this process--would be helpful, I am sure.<br>

<br /> (I have an RB67 Pro with a Pre-C 50mm lens stuck on, and cocking lever stuck on the downstroke. Fun.)</p>

<p>I found a few Google hits on how to remove the lens with the paperclip trick, but I assume you've seen those. If it's any help here's a link to download the service manual for an RB67. The diagrams in it may help with where to aim the paperclip. You'll need a Google account to sign in to get the download from the link directly below...<br>

http://athiril.blogspot.com/2010/07/mamiya-rb67-pros-repair-manual-and.html</p>

<p>It can also be found at this site...<br>

http://www.4shared.com/document/A1Vubzcj/Mamiya_RB67_Pro_S_Repair_Manua.html</p>

<p>As you insert the clip in the hole, be sure to point the clip down towards the center of the lens, you have to turn the locking ring so it can pass the locking lever in the mount, then the lens will come off wiht some wiggling. It doesn't fall off because you stuck the clip in. <br /><br />You are pushing against the little lever that hits against a small screw that engaes when you mount the lens. It disengages when the lens and the body are both cocked.<br /><br />E-mail me if you need the pic?</p>

<p> </p>

The more you say, the less people listen.

<p>Paul and Mark, thanks very much. I've the manual on file now!</p>

<p>I just invested an additional 30 mins trying to release the lens. Continuing mission, as they say.</p>

<p>Paul, I could use links to the pics.</p>

<p>I get the gist, but haven't been able to push against the little lever. I have an unmounted lens next to me, and it seems that it takes more "oomph" to depress the little lever on that than a paperclip can muster without bending.</p>

<p>This just in: I did it. </p>

<p>For this achievement I would like to thank Mom, my coaches, and the LJC.</p>

<p>Glad I'm holding my 50mm in my hand again. Off to fleabay to order a replacement body (might go for a newer one this time). Will be selling this one, cheap, for parts, should anybody need it.</p>

<p>Thanks gents.</p>

<p>Glad it;s off n you finally got it. Can you now see the lever in the lens mont on the body you had to push? It doesn't take much to push it, only a bit of knowing where it is.<br>

I can use that parts body. If you e-mail me we can talk about it?</p>

<p> </p>

The more you say, the less people listen.

<p>Hi Paul, thanks. Actually, I had an unmounted lens next to me the whole time, so I did see the little lever (really more a button than a lever), and that helped immensely.</p>

<p>I will send you an email about the body. The lever is moving freely now, but moving the lever down and then allowing it to return back up does not cock the shutter. Cheers.</p>

• 4 years later...

<p>Thanks guys, been shooting with RB67s since the early 80s--still love that camera and thos big sweet lenses. I finally had my first stuck lens just today (an old student camera--mine are all good!); looked here, and the clip trick was easy, once I found the hole.</p>

<p>Thanks!<br>

Clint Burhans<br>

Superiorphotodesign.com</p>