Pic of the month - May

Taken on board comments. I'll give it a run, a day early. So my photos are from a 'rocket sprocket', a lomo plastic camera. Single element plastic lens, purportedly panoramic. Done with lomo's 'Berlin' 400 asa film - a film with a substantial base fog, and no where near 400 asa - I still haven't worked out its curve. The plastic camera gives images reminiscent of 1800's lenses. Anyway:

1352404785_week1first.jpg.16631da9d57c658dde2f334563925fe5.jpg

774316573_weekonethird.jpg.6297d1c013b50d23a15bea0bc6099c2e.jpg

These were from a 'street fest'. I'm sorry I couldn't add a shot of the 'plastic camera'.

Look forward to any contributions. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

• Like 5

End of the cherry blossom season:

[ATTACH=full]1425510[/ATTACH]

Fujifilm Instax Mini 90

(not figured out a good way of turning physical Instax prints into digital images yet)

Scan? I like the photo. Where are you steve_gallimore|1 to get cherry blossoms at the end of the season. There is an evocative call in subtle, faded colour. I had seen the fuji instax, but our local Big W (equivalent, I suppose, of WalMart), has recently closed its photo section. I've seen the future, and it's ugly. But that photo makes it bright. Regards, Arthur

Scan? I like the photo. Where are you steve_gallimore|1 to get cherry blossoms at the end of the season. There is an evocative call in subtle, faded colour. I had seen the fuji instax, but our local Big W (equivalent, I suppose, of WalMart), has recently closed its photo section. I've seen the future, and it's ugly. But that photo makes it bright. Regards, Arthur

I'm in Corrèze, France. There's a lot of variation with altitude, but our blossoms are finished here.

I was lucky to pick up the Mini 90 for around half price in the sales, our local shops have no photo section either, but Instax appears to have found a home nestled between the car GPS sets and the smartphones. Buy the film in bulk.

As to digitising, I think a softbox and copy stand is the way to go, needs work...

39756070682_9f324d4c36_b.jpg

All Souls College, Oxford

From 2019: Fujifilm Instax Square film | Lomo'Instant Square camera | Epson scanner

300 dpi scan, with PP and added sharpening in Lightroom (50)

That's lovely. It looks like an evening shot. It brings back bitter/sweet memories for me. I spent a semester at New College. Time in the cloisters. The city of perspiring dreams, radcliffe infirmary, the bird and the baby. It's a lovely shot. Thank's for that, Regards

• Like 1