• 2 weeks later...
<p>LOL, I didnt. I don't know what happened to the rest. What I meant was that PS has not really evolved much other than the newer User Interface. Yes, some features were improved and some added, but all in all, you still can not enlarge a jpeg file very much without artifacts. Color enhancing and white balancing isnt nearly as seamless in PS as it is in Gimp. You have to download actions for these in PS and these aren't nearly as accurate. Gimp's features as very spot on and it is free. I just think that for the price, Photoshop certainly should have improved it far more than it has. A sleek GUI is nothing without a real motor under the hood. I downloaded PSCS4 and was severely disappointed in it. No more new features that CS3 doesn't have. If I was going to pay that much cash to get the registered version, I would be pissed to find out that a free photo editing software was available that did everything PS does and more! And it does a lot of these things natively so you don't have to create or download actions or scripts the way you do with Photoshop. </p>