Photoshop & Lightroom on the cloud

<p>I have been using Lightroom for a couple of years now and I have a lot of image files in my system that have shot in raw and processed in Lightroom. What will happen to these files if I sign up for cloud based Lightroom software. Will the changes I made in Lightroom be lost.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>What will happen to these files if I sign up for cloud based Lightroom software.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Nothing different from if you don't. You image files are not cloud based. IF you stop subscribing, the Develop module (and Maps) cease to work but your Library and DAM are still accessible. And as I said, your images are where you put them. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>You said "a couple of years" so that would lead me to believe you are using Lightroom 4 or 5. As both of these are using the latest process engine nothing will happen to your old images if you upgrade to the latest Lightroom CC. All you old processing will remain and LR CC will be able to read and display it. Your old catalog will be upgraded (or more accurately a new version/copy will be created) and the old one will remain on your HD.<br>

<br />The only problem that may occur is if you later decide to cancel your CC subscription as older versions of LR can't read catalogs/adjustments made by newer versions. So, you couldn't open your LR CC catalog using your old version of LR 4/5. You would either have to buy a copy of stand alone LR6 (if a stand alone version is still offered for sale) or use your deactivated LRCC to export TIFF versions of your processed files (with changes baked in). </p>

<blockquote>

<p>As both of these are using the latest process engine nothing will happen to your old images if you upgrade to the latest Lightroom CC.</p>

</blockquote>

<p> <br>

Even if Adobe does upgrade the process, nothing will happen. Photos processed under an older process version stay with that version until you deliberately change it.</p>