Photoshop: Is there a "Default Brush" hotkey?

<p>Hey,</p>

<p>I've been using some custom brushes, but every time I want to mask those brushstrokes I have to go and select the default brush (the round, standard brush). It's annoying when youre doing it all the time. Is there a quicker or easier way of doing this? How do you personally siwtch between using a brush and masking a layer?</p>

<p>I do not quite understand your question. "B" automatically selects brushes, and it automatically selects the last brush you have been using.<br>

What do you mean with "switch between using a brush and masking a layer"? If you're in masking mode, you're usually not straying away from your layer unless you click on some other destination, which automatically switches you to brush mode. Click on the mask, and you're masking, click on the little image and you're in brush mode. Easy.</p>

<p>Does this answer your question? If no, please explain a bit clearer what your question is.</p>

<p>It sounds like even in Quick Mask mode, the brush is a custom brush rather than a hard edge or feathered circle brush. I have the same problem. The brush doesn't automatically become a circle. It stays the same as the last brush you were using, whether it's a tree brush or whatever. Is there a key to set the brush to 'solid circle'?</p>