Photoshop - Elements 6 > 9

lintrathen

<p>Possibly not quite the correct forum, but couldn't find a better one and I am a Sony Alpha user (smiles).<br>

Ok...... <strong>Scenario</strong>........... I currently have Elements 6 and have the oppotunity to get Elements 9 for free and gratis off a friend who has the unopened box in a cupboard.<br>

<strong>Questions</strong>: This is a full version of E9, not an upgrade version and I have no idea what will happen to my images that are on version 6. Does Version 9 over-write or interact with the older version? or will it load as a stand alone version.... viz I will have 2 versions 6 and 9?<br>

Any ideas... thoughts..... comments will be appreciated....... maybe the box will reveal all when it arrives. I just haven't been able to find out too much and am hopeful that someone has already done, what I am thinking of doing and can help out here.............. thanks</p>

<p> </p>

<p>With Photoshop itself, you can install different versions and they don't interfere with one another at all. It should be the same with Elements?<br>

I cant see how you would lose your images, unless you have them stored in the Elements programme folders which could be deleted if you uninstall the software. If so you should put them somewhere else.</p>