<p>Hello All,<br>

Ok, I am running Windows 7 (don't know if this makes a difference or not) and I cannot for the life of me open my camera raw files. I can see them perfectly fine, but cannot open them to edit them. It tells me that it could not open it because it is not the right kind of document. I have searched high and low for solutions and have seemingly downloaded every camera raw plug-in imagineable, but it just is not happening. I have the Canon 5D, Mark II. I have clicked on the updater in photoshop, but it gives me an error in the middle of updating. I just want to see if I've exahusted everything at this point. Any ideas? I am wiped out!</p>

<p>thanks! </p>

<p>rebeka</p>

<p>I see your camera listed in Camera RAW 6.<br>

Does it work in CS4?<br /> Check here:<br /> http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html<br /> Note:<br /> "Support for the following cameras is included in Camera Raw 6 and Lightroom 2. Camera Raw 6 and later is not compatible with Photoshop CS4."</p>

<p>Maybe other versions of Camera RAW Support your camera?</p>

<p>I automatically use "Software Updates" and Adobe keeps my CS4 updated. I've got the 5D and it works fine.<br /> Try updating through CS4 and see if that works</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Hi Bill - Yeah, I try to update through CS4 but get an error. In the middle of installing it tells me there is an error or something like that and it has to quit installation.<br>

Chas - yes, I've tried downloading manually from the site. I am almost thinking I'm going to have to uninstall photoshop and start over. Or, attempt to call Adobe, which is always a fun experience! <br>

Thanks all for your suggestions! I appreciate it.</p>

<p>This is a common problem, I had it when I tried to update CS4 to recognize my 5D Mark II and quite a few others have had it as well. If you Google on something like "Photoshop CS4 Canon 5D Mark II" you'll find others similarly situated.</p>

<p>Whatever you do, don't delete CS4 and then try to reinstall it after having tried to update for the 5D Mark II. That's what I did and I couldn't get a clean reinstallation. I ended up spending an entire day with the Adobe installation support people just to get Photoshop up and running again. I then switched to the Photoshop tech support people and they were able to step me through a way to update CS4 to the 5D Mark II. I wish I could remember the steps I took with them but unfortunately I don't. So my strong suggestion is to stop trying to fix this yourself because you're likely just to make things worse. Call Adobe Photoshop tech support - you may have to pay $39 or something like that - and let them step you through it.</p>

<p>Rebeka, I went through some trial and error downloading the plug in and installing in CS4 with my Win7 computer. I created a file on my desk top to receive the plug in. I unzipped it. That worked on one computer. On another I went to Windows Explorer. I went into programs, Adobe, double clicked the 64 bit, and went to the plug in file and dragged the new file into place. I have to tell you it did not work the first time, but eventually it did, so keep trying!</p>