Photoshop CS3, Intel MAC and Nikon Scan 4?

Yes, I'm using CS3, an Intel MAC, and Nikon Scan 4 (Nikon 8000). All work just fine together.

However, I use Nikon Scan independently of CS3, so if you want to use them in a more

integrated fashion, I can't be of help.

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot make Nikon Scan 4 open in 10.4.11 with a MacBook Pro.

I did a clean install and have yet to be able to make the plug-in work from PS3 or the

standalone Nikon Scan Software.

The last update of the software pre-dates the intel machines so I am curious when an update

might happen.

I have a MacBook Pro and use CS3. If you run CS3 natively, it will not load the Nikon

Scan plug-in. Run CS3 using Rosetta and the plug-in will load as it should. You should

also change your energy saver sleep setting to "never". CS3 runs much more quickly in

native so you should only run it using Rosetta when you need to use the Scanner within

CS3.

I hope this solution works for you as it did for me.

Cheers

garry

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem! I'm running OS10.4.1 on a G5. I tried downloading and re-installing Nikon scan 4 and the update and I get the same error message " serious error occurred initializing program". If anyone has any suggestions - I'm desperate! Gotta get something scanned for a client by tomorrow!

Thanks!

Cindy

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I am running a Mac Book Pro with OS 10.5.4. I finally got Photoshop to import my Nikon Super Coolscan 5000 ED

(Nikon Scan 4.02 upgrade software) by placing the plugin into the Import/Export folder of Photoshop CS3 then

launching the application in

Rosetta. This is done by highlighting the Adobe Photoshop icon in the Applications folder when the program is

closed, then File - Get Info and check the box "Rosetta".

(BTW this is how you open Kodak PCD files now too.)

However, doing my first Batch scan of negs the whole thing crashed so I am back to doing my batches with the

Nikon Scan software alone.

There was a warning when I upgraded the Nikon Scan 4 to 4.02 that it was not officially supported for the OS

10.5.x version although it also stated that the improvements in this upgrade were no more freeze ups of the scanner.

Overall, to paraphrase Shania Twain, I am not impressed with any of this....