Yes, I know! CS2 is "ancient" but till yesterday it did everything I needed it to do. Then some tools disappeared magically. Uninstall and reinstall, right? Wrong! For years Adobe made CS2 available for free with a serial number needed to install and it worked just fine till yesterday, when the serial number was no longer recognized. Couldn't find anything online about this. So, took a deep breath and ordered PSE from Best Buy. I'm not going to pay $20 and after one year $30 each month for PS CC.

Back on the learning curve to learn how PSE is different from PS. Ouch!

For years Adobe made CS2 available for free with a serial number needed to install and it worked just fine till yesterday, when the serial number was no longer recognized.

It wasn't free to anyone and everyone but those who were actual customers of the product! And now the facts:

Adobe releases Creative Suite 2 for free

CORRECTION, 2:40 p.m. PT:There has been clarification since this story broke. Adobe has not officially released the CS2 software for free. Instead, it has canceled its CS2 license management servers because of a technical glitch, so for those with existing licenses it is now offering downloads that do not require contact with the licensing servers. While Adobe admits this may be seen as it giving its software away for free, this service is intended for those with existing Adobe CS2 licenses.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

I bought CS, so it certainly wasn't free for me. But for years anybody could download CS2 with the serial number

this service is intended for those with existing Adobe CS2 licenses.

I bought CS, so upgrading to CS2 certainly wasn't "free" for me. It may have been "intended" but for years anybody, with our without an existing CS or CS2 license, could download CS2 using the serial number stated on the Adobe download page. The download page is still there with the serial number, but that serial number is no longer recognized, and my CS serial number isn't recognized either. You need to get your facts straight.

I'm not going to pay $20 and after one year $30 each month for PS CC.

No, you're not:

Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan | Professional photo editing software

Photography plan

Includes all-new Lightroom CC, 20 GB of cloud storage, Lightroom Classic CC, and Photoshop CC.

US $9.99/mo.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

I bought CS, so it certainly wasn't free for me.

And therefore, neither is CS2. If you're OK (were OK) stealing CS2 for all these years, and how it will not work, consider yourself way ahead of the game.

The facts are pretty clear, CS2 isn't free for everyone. Despite seeing a download and serial number. It was free for those who paid for it or upgraded to it in the past.

And therefore, neither is CS2. If you're OK (were OK) stealing CS2 for all these years, and how it will not work, consider yourself way ahead of the game.

The facts are pretty clear, CS2 isn't free for everyone. Despite seeing a download and serial number. It was free for those who paid for it or upgraded to it in the past.

Wrong again. Years ago, Adobe offered a free upgrade from CS to CS2 for people who had bought CS. I did upgrade, of course. Then later, you no longer needed to use your own CS serial number; Adobe gave you one to use on the download page. So everybody could download it for free. I bet many people made use of that, got to like PS and paid for upgrades. Nothing illegal, no stealing.

Again, get your facts straight. PC CC is $20 a month for one year and then goes to whatever Adobe thinks they can get away with, currently said to be $30 a month.

That so? Explain this then:

http://digitaldog.net/files/Plans.jpg

Do you see US $9.99 in the middle option? I do. JUST as KeithR told you on the LuLa forums!

I'll spell it out for you, twice:

Photography plan

Includes all-new Lightroom CC, 20 GB of cloud storage, Lightroom Classic CC, and Photoshop CC.

US $9.99/mo.

Includes all-new Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC.

I'm sorry again that the facts have ruined your day.

Wrong again. Years ago, Adobe offered a free upgrade from CS to CS2 for people who had bought CS.

I bought CS, so upgrading to CS2 certainly wasn't "free" for me.

PLEASE make up your minds.

Yes, I've been correct all along. ;)

I get my facts straight.

Gee willikers. You are so right: it's $10 a month now, and more after one year.

And more after one year? Where did you see that stated as a guarantee?

Could the Photography plan go up in X number of years? Yes it could. So could your cable bill.

Legal Terms of Use | Adobe

Can we now go back to more important things, like any pointers for using PSE 2018? Thank you very much.

Start a new thread with that topic and request. First time YOU've asked. I have no pointers, I use Photoshop. Since 1990. :p

Yes, I agree; help, not smart alec remarks!

You got help.

I can't run Photoshop 2.5 under OS X, the horror. In fact I can't run CS2 anymore as it was a PowerPC binary, with no native Intel code. :eek:

Get a modern version of Photoshop or Elements or Affinity Photo; sorry you'll now have to pay for the software. You need help learning how to use any, some here will help you in a new thread.

Joseph Campbell — 'Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.'

Sandy seems to think so.

He’s not alone.

Tell you what. Let’s do a trade which will solve many of your problems. You have reported here multiple times and in LuLa forums multiple times, multiple issues with both your NEC SpectraView and Epson printer. I’ll buy a brand new shiny copy of Elements 2018 in trade for that hardware. Even pay the shipping! Such a deal. Game?