Photoshop CS2 for Mac OS X Causes Disk Errors

<P>Adobe Photoshop CS2 for Mac OS X has a bug, where the installer creates illegally-

named files in the Applications folder. These files are reported by Disk Utility, but can't be

repaired. The volume header for that disk is also reported as corrupted. Some people have

reported that the disk problems get worse over time, eventually requiring a format and

reinstall of the OS.

<P>Adobe Illustrator CS2 for Mac OS X has the same problem.

<P>The fix is pretty simple - just delete the offending files.

<P>Here is some more background information and <a href="http://

www.onestopunder.com/2005/12/photoshop-cs2-illegal-filename-bug/">instructions

for fixing</a>.

Anyone running CS2 on a Mac should check this out,

Thanks, I just ran Disk Utility from my backup hard drive, and indeed there were various

problems on my main hard drive. That might explain the weird keyboard and mouse

behaviour I was experiencing yesterday. Anyway, I deleted all foreign files from the

Photoshop Legal folder, and Disk Utility successfully repaired the drive. I hope that's the last

of it. (G5 2.3Ghz Dualcore, Photoshop CS2).

Thanx for the tip. I'd notice lately a little slowing and beachballs I didn't use to get and sure

enough the volume header was corrupted. I dumped the files and repaired from the install

disk and its snappy and happy again:) Didn't seem to have this problem with CS is it just a

CS2 thing?+

I've been having lots of problems lately with spinning ball etc. running CS2, especially

Illustrator. I actually use Illustrator CS instead. Could somebody tell me what are illegal

names? I looked in the Legal folder and just saw htmls icons in different languages some

of them have thai, japanese, greek and other symbols. Is that it? delete the ones with non-

western letters? Thanks!