Photoshop CS2 & DNG Converter for 1DS Mrk III

I have Photoshop CS2 and I can't transfer my raw files from 1ds Mark III. I tried to download the DNG converter

from the Adobe Website, but the DNG Converter 4.0 and later doesn't work for CS2 and earlier versions don't

convert files for 1ds Mrk III. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to convert these Raw files. Am I missing

something? Is there a download section for DNG Converter for CS2 with current raw camera support? Is everyone

just shelling out money for CS3?

Yes, the DNG converter is a stand alone program however it will not convert the files I have. The plug-in for the camera raw is suppose to be put in the Abobe Presets-->file formats, and when I do that the DNG converter still does not recognize the files I have.

As for the DPP I have used it in the past but never liked the final conversion results. I was accustomed to using Capure One Pro, but I can't afford the latest version and my trial version has expired. So, I thought I would try the DNG converter.

I guess I will have to use DPP for the time being.

Am I putting the Camera Raw plug-in into the wrong folder maybe?

You certainly can't use the Camera Raw converter as this is not compatible with CS2 - so no need to put the

"camera raw.8bi" file anywhere - I can't understand why you can't use the Adobe DNG converter though as Adobe say

that version 4.5 IS compatible with the 1DS Mark III - so should convert your RAW files..<div>00QvmC-72623584.jpg.1a81a6a006665edc30cefe7bf0b791d1.jpg</div>

I just figured out how to make it all work, just to notice that my scratch drive is full. HAHAHA

This is how I got it to work. I downloaded DNG converter 4.5 but trashed the camera raw plug-in. It's useless for

CS2 you don't need it don't even bother with it!

I kept n trying to convert my files individually. That was another problem. The files were grayed out so I kept

thinking it wouldn't work......umm....You can't pick individual files you must only select the "Folder" your

images are in! Duh! That took me a few hours. hehe

Next I went back to the Adobe downloads and found the entire list of DNG downloads for Mac. Could they make this

page any harder to find!

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=106&platform=Macintosh

I read through the read me's until I came across the latest Version of Camera Raw for CS2 and the winner

is...drum roll please.....yes you guessed it.......Version 3.7.

Which of course it would be. So using DNG converter version 4.5 but with Camera Raw plug-in 3.7 you're on your

way to actually getting it to work. ASSuming you are putting the camera raw plug-in into the correct folder.

Which I wasn't for about 2 hours.

The camera raw plug-in goes into...... on a mac......

Applications--->Photoshop CS2------>Plug-In's----->Adobe Photoshop Only----->Files Formats

Tada! It's magic and it works.

It makes perfect sense to make it hard to find files, make it so you have to download seperate installers and

then figure out where they go. I'm so glad I wasted a few days and several hours on this. I guess the plus side

is that I didn't have to spend any money on CS3. Hope this works for the rest of you.