Photoshop Creative Cloud, will I lose Photoshop 7.0?

<p>So, I've been watching some tutorials on editing to improve how I work through the scanned family photos. Unfortunately, I've noticed that a few of the tools that are used for editing are not available in my fairly old photoshop 7.0 version. <br>

I really only need improved photoshop for things like noise removal and grain reduction. In a few months when I've finished this project, I doubt I'll need the new version. My question is, does it delete previous versions of photoshop when installed? What save options do you have with the monthly subscription? Does the subscription version have decent noise removal? <br>

Sorry for the stupid questions, I've been over Adobe's site several times now and those were the few questions I couldn't find the answer to. </p>

<p>in the latest version of the cloud installer (for CC2015) by default it *does* remove older versions (although its not clear if it only removes older CC/Cloud versions like 2014 or *every* old version).</p>

<p>But you can tweak the installer (a buried option) to prevent it from removing older versions so that it just installs the new version along side the older version.</p>

<p>Alternatively, try a recent version of Photoshop Elements; the limitations of the elements versions have become a lot less (mostly limits to working on 16-bits images with layers, no CMYK, no channelmixer); and with some free plugins, it can do an awful lot for a relatively small sum.The features you're looking for are definitely in there.<br>

PS7.0 is getting seriously old, and if you ever move to a newer operating system, the risk is substantial that it won't carry over anyway - so getting an up-to-date new program is also a matter of future-proofing yourself a bit more.</p>

"in the latest version of the cloud installer (for CC2015) by default it *does* remove older versions (although its not clear if

it only removes older CC/Cloud versions like 2014 or *every* old version)."

In my case it left Photoshop CS6 and Bridge CS6 installed.

If you have already paid for that CS license Adobe isn't going to magically reach ino your computer and remove it.

<p>The best solution for noise and grain reduction for scanned images is Neat Image, which is available both as a plugin and a standalone application. I use the plugin with Photoshop Elements 13. It will also work with PS 7.<br>

http://www.neatimage.com/index.html</p>

<p>You can get a version for 8 bit images for $40 or the pro version for 16 bit images for $80.</p>

<p>Al</p>

" In a few months when I've finished this project, I doubt I'll need the new version. My question is, does it delete previous

versions of photoshop when installed? "

My suspicion is that you'll find the under the hood improvements to make it hard to go back to the earlier version, and if

you work with raw files and use ACR as your raw processing engine then you'll really want to keep using PsCC2015,

especilyy if you update your cameras.

If you are a reasonably heavy Photoshop and Lightroom user and are used to updating either or both when new versions

are out , the $9.99 per month license fee is actually a very good deal. For some people it isn't and I understand that, and

sons people prefer to use other raw processing programs like CaptureOne Pro, Iridient Developer, etc., and if you are in

that category Adobe CC may not be a good deal for you either. I respect that choice too as there are good reasons for

that. But there is a lot of negative hype about Adobe CC that simply isn't supported by the facts.

<blockquote>

<p>My question is, does it delete previous versions of photoshop when installed?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Your Photoshop 7 application? No! Adobe for years has had uninstaller's, they only uninstall the version they came with. <br>

New versions of CC will over write older versions of CC but not older versions of Photoshop. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>Installing CC 2015 apps for the first time will remove previous versions CC apps but not CS apps. You can simply restore the CC 2014 apps from backups and they'll run independently of CC 2015 or any CS apps. I run 2014 CC and 2015 CC DW, PS, Acrobat Pro, etc. apps along with CS apps simultaneously with no problems. They also recognize if you accidently open and work on the same files.</p>