Photoshop Bridge Thumbnails won't show correctly

<p>Here's the problem and I'm wondering if anyone else has this happen or knows how to fix it.<br>

When viewing RAW files from a wedding in Bridge, the folder will load and the images will all process. Typically, you see the images in a "blurry" form and then they all sorta "snap" into focus. You can watch the progress meter in the bottom left of the screen as it runs towards 100%.<br>

The problem is that after viewing several folders (or one big folder), the pictures don't snap into focus anymore. It seems that after about 300 RAW files, the program just can't process anymore thumbnails, even if you are viewing a folder with only a few images (or switch to a jpg folder). Here's what I have done to try and fix it to no avail:<br>

I don't generate high quality thumbnails<br>

My RAW cache is 1 gig (tried increasing, no good)<br>

I refresh the view<br>

I purge the cache for the folder<br>

None of this works. The only thing that will work is to close Bridge and re-open. I have a fast dual-proc computer, 2 gig of Ram and a very fast 513 mg graphics card. </p>

<p>Anyone else have this problem?</p>

<p>I have had it hang up on one image here and there, but it generally comes back after awhile. Purging the cache for a folder will exacerbate the problem in the short run, because bridge then needs to rebuild the files for that folder.</p>

<p>I don't know how many images you are introducing at one time, but once you open a folder, bridge will sometimes be working on it in the background and then be slow where you want to be. I recently added about 2000 images and I noticed a slow down, but not a failure. But I do have to wait at times longer than ever before when I added a few hundred at a time.</p>

<p>Sorry, but I haven't encountered your problem & that maybe caz my workflow is different.<br>

From the camera cards, I transfer to a folder on my external HD. Less defrag on ext HD.<br>

Bridge preferences is set for "Distributed Cache Files", rather than "Centralized".</p>

<p>Those initial folders are name to correspond to their content.<br>

For example:<br>

0001 - 0471, 0472 - 0946 etc</p>

<p>I allow Bridge time to create its 2 cache files as preview/thumbnails are created in those folders.</p>

<p>Then as I sort through the 'blinks & blurs' & put into event folders that I create for that one situation, I get folders that have anywhere between 10 RAW pics & 500 RAW pics. The new folders have new cache files & they represent only to their folder content, not any deleted pics.</p>

<p>This is particularly useful when I save the pics onto DVD. The cache remains in the folders on the disc & you don't have to wait for preview/thumbnail creation each time you load the disc. Also I do generate high quality preview/thumbnails - no probs.</p>

<p>It sounds like you are overloading your central cache & then losing older files as the cache recycles.</p>

<p> </p>