Photos with more than 10 ratings.

WJT

Is it possible to upgrade the link for "Photos With More Than 10

Ratings". Please. We need that number to be "more than 20" ratings.

Almost 80% of my portfolio has more than 10 ratings and is now showing

up in that link. Thank you.

Now William, you are no peasant. I've seen your work posted from time to time, and also recently investigated your folder. A lot of your work is inexplicably underrated; especially in your "Autumn" and "New Cameras" folders. We need to increase your visibility somehow.

And Anthony, I've seen your work in the past as well. Looking at your folder, most of your photographs are very highly rated; several are +40 ratings. So you are not being quite forthright here.

If this request is a problem for others then, by all means, let the powers of PhotoNet relegate it to oblivion. This forum is to test the waters, so to say. Regards.

Perhaps there could be a 'photographer's top-rated' link that would display the 10 or 20 highest-rated photos from a given portfolio. This could be useful for some cases where people have a huge portfolio with many subfolders, and you only want to get a quick taste of the kind of work the photographer does.

Of course, photographers who want to showcase a representative sample of their portfolio can always do that by creating a presentation.

The way that photos are put up for people to critique means (a) you have to ask and (b) recent requests with less than 10 scores get priority. In a lot of cases pictures go from 0 to 10 very quickly and stop. For some reason more of my pictures have had six scores than any other number, followed by 10 scores.

There is a definite problem with the rating system as it sends

pictures with 10 ratings down the viewing order, and many

including mine get "stuck" on ten. I have queried this in another

thread some time ago and was told that I needed to increase m

profile by rating and commenting, so that I would become more

known and people would then look for my work.

I am afraid although I have participated (and enjoy it) it has made

little difference to the "getting stuck at 10". Whilst I have to

accept it as part of the photo.net process, it is somewhat

demotivating to have your pictures "stuck". I am not afraid to say

I want my pictures to get more ratings/comments than they do,

its what I am here for partly and to get more knowledge,

experience, learning of course.

I use "stuck" in inverted commas, because I was told they were

not stuck, but in my view they certainly are. I would expect many

many people are finding the same. Its up to all of us to keep on

looking down the top pages for longer than we usually do, and

give people lower down some good honest comments and or

ratings. This will encourage people like me as well as get us

out of the 10's and therefore available for more people to see our

work.

I know, I know, its all been said before, but as a relative

newcomer I am saying it again as it is important to me.

Alethea

Alethea

Just for your info Walter... I have not had a photo reach over 15 ratings in months; the two most recent have received 13 and 10 in three or four days. I'm either going to have to assume that I have not been coming up with the interesting shots, or something has changed. Anyway, I'm not concerned with that, just making a simple statement.

I agree to Alethea Hollis. Although very very new to the site, I could also not get past the 10 barrier.

It would be good to have more people commenting and viewing my photographs. I find it a very nice way to improve (specially since I am an amature..I like being criticized for the shots/angles chosen..)

regards,

raghav..

I like your idea, Walter, for "20". I, too, found it strange that after ten ratings the

images disappear. Doug, wouldn't deleting a critique request and submitting it again

be somewhat an abuse of the system? Now you have me curious on what would

happen with an image if I did that.

Teresa

Something's up. All my requests for critique stick at 10 ratings. Obviously it is no coincidence the site only displays pictures with over ten ratings. Occasionally some poor schmuck falls over one of my photos and sticks a rating in boosting the thing up out of the nether world.

Further to this whenever I request a critique a notice is sent to the same hapless crew of "no uploaded images" that fall all over themselves for smiling baby, contorted cat images. What gives?

Of course I haven't sent my 25 bucks in either...