Photos "information" (location, harware..)?

Didier Lamy

Sorry if this topic has already been addressed in the previous ~580 posts, too much to scan all of them

Apparently, individual photos in my galleries have lost their information (detailed location, detailed hardware parts). Why?

And I dont see any field where to reenter them.

I imagine Glenn might be a bit busy, although I'll value what he can share when he has the chance. Patience, grasshopper.

dlamy - I can't help with your particular problem, but I'll second the meta- point: there doesn't seem to be a single tracking system for site issues, which was also a problem during the last attempt to roll out an update. I really hope the development team have an internal one; it would be great if it could be mirrored externally in some way (google docs?) so we know whether we're repeating ourselves and whether we're actually reaching the dev team when we point out issues.

we have internal tracking for all bugs reported in help. If you post a bug in help forum, we track it, prioritize it and address as we can based on its priority. Equipment registry is not lost it is still in our database - but it was a feature rarely used so we will make sure that data is made available to each of you - can i guaranteed we'll bring that feature back - no, because very few used it, can I make sure we give the registry data back to those active users that used it, yes.

Thanks, Gleenn. Good to know you have a tracking mechanism and that we're posting to the right place. Still, to avoid duplicates and so we know when to check back on things, it would be wonderful if you could make your internal tracking public in some way, even if not instantly and informally. Obviously I don't want to drag you off actually fixing the site, but I think a lot of people would be calmer if we knew everything was under control!

I also have an issue with incomplete information.

A long time ago I made custom fields of information about my photos. these included 'original file name', 'why I like this image' (which I never used much), and 'thread post' which served as a reminder to me if I had already posted this image to a discussion thread, and also of possible interest to any viewer if they chose to click on the details (like if they were really, realy stunned by the image and had to find out all they could about it!). Well these information fields are gone now.