Photos in Gallery, What Size?

ds_meador

<p>I have seen a few posts where people refer to Street Photos in Galleries. Out of curiosity, what size do galleries use when they hang the photos? There are probably several sizes used, but is one pretty much standard? Also, are street photos in galleries principally black and white, or is color common in galleries too.<br>

Thank you for your response(s).<br>

DS Meador</p>

<p>It can range in size, but probably depends on how sharp the image is (grain is a little less relavent). I'm prep'ing some images for a show right now that are 12x16" from a sharp Leica negative. I've got a few that are less important that are 8x12". You could certainly go larger with better processing, but these are sizes I see most often from a 35mm camera.</p>

<p>I recently had a show of street work in NYC. I shoot film and always print full frame. I had alot of images in the show,45 prints. I have printed almost all my exhibition prints, from 35mm film , 8 inch x 12 inch(on 11x14paper) in a 16x 20 Neilson type frame with white mat board. A few prints I have shown are 12 x 18 inch on 16 x20 paper. I have also seen excellent work in galleries that was 6x9inch ( full frame). It varies. The majority of the street work I have seen in galleries was printed on 11x 14 paper.</p>

<p>Thank you both for your answers. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge. Don't know that I'll ever have anything worth putting in a gallery, but it is nice to know the sizes anyway.<br>

John - I remember you noting here that you would be in the gallery in NYC. I hope it went well for you!<br>

DS Meador</p>