Photos from Bike Week, 2005

At the link below is a small folder of shots from this year's Bike

Week in Daytona. I shot a lot of film, but the results are getting

kind of similar to every other year. I cut back on shots of actual

motorcycles because in previous folders, these shots are almost never

clicked on.<P>

Have a look. Feedback is welcome... both good and bad. I feel this

is pretty weak this year. It might be time to pass on next year.<P>

<a href="http://www.photo.net/photodb/presentation.tcl?

presentation_id=280699"> LINK </a>

They seem to share a certain sensibility. The "cowgirl hipshot" (my title) is my favorite of

the bunch.

I say keep it up; but next year maybe just ask people to pose for you instead of sneaking

so many shots, Those people have all put themselves on display anyway, they probably

wouldn't mind.

Albert, These are your signature shots. We guys look forward to see your catch this time of the year EACH year, so don't stop, please. If there is one thing I would like to see less, it would be the silicone. Such a shame isn't it. The ladies are already beautiful enough, over exgerating may sometimes backfire.;-))

Take care in this rough looking crown and thanks for shareing. Want to take me with you next time? Just give me some warning in advance. I am sure you can teach me a thing or two on you stelthy techniques?

Thanks.

Albert - Sandy's right. What you think of a sub-par set of shots many photographers would've been thrilled to get. (Might've been that dumb Leica you were 'forced' to use when your Nikon jammed -:)

I like several of these quite a bit. They don't necessarily show deeper meaning. They don't wax poetically about alienation in a modern motorized age. But maybe they do reflect the struggle to hang onto that last strand of youth as it burns and shrivels in the harsh sunlight before it roars away altogether. And they sure do a bang up job of showing those of us who weren't there what Bike Week looks like.

Perhaps your feeling blah about these has more to do with the fact that these sights have begun to look familiar .... to you. To us, they look fresh.

Just to confound your server, I'm clicking several times on that "Welcome" banner shot with the bike in the forground. Darn good set-up shot Albert.