Photographs and Memories

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Mark Z, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Administrator Staff Member

So post photos with or without comment that support your POV.

2. I don,t understand a lot of this thread. When I was 8 years old I took a snap of my mother sitting in a deckchair in our back garden. She is not looking at the camera or smiling, she appears tired and lost in her own thoughts. It reminds me of my father working 6 days a week in Saville Row, getting home at 9 and my mother working full time and then coming home to the cooking and housework. It sums up a massive part of my story and has never been bettered in 60 years of photography despite being tiny and out of focus. It was lost in a house move 30 years ago and could be seen as my Rosebud, but I can recall every detail of that picture and will do so to my dying day, I hope. The important thing was to have taken it. All the best, Charles.

3. "The inability to pen humility"

4. Or, offer creativity.

Jeez, Tim a "boat race" ( face ) like a work of Art.

5. My father died when I was 15, and my ten year old brother died two months later of cancer. We had 8 mm movies of my brother, but since my father took them, he wasn't in any. After my dad died, we had other things to spend money on rather than keeping the projector running with its expensive bulbs.

6. Vincent Peri

Vincent Peri Metairie, LA

I see you quoted one of my posts word for word... any reason why?

7. My father died when I was 15, and my ten year old brother died two months later of cancer. We had 8 mm movies of my brother, but since my father took them, he wasn't in any. After my dad died, we had other things to spend money on rather than keeping the projector running with its expensive bulbs.