derek_c.

When we take pictures (a lot of us) we close one eye.<br>

Lately, I am trying NOT to close my eye to prevent wrinkles.<br>

When I close my eye, I tend to close it real tight because I'm so

focused on taking pictures.<br>

Have anyone thought about that?<br>

Is anybody taking some kind of measure(s) to prevent photographer's

wrinkles?<br>

I'm one of the 10% of the population who has the ability to use one eye at a time. I tend to just switch off the eye I'm not using. It sometimes freaks people out cause they think I'm looking at them and not the veiw finder. My brother is even better. He can use both eyes independently. Now THAT looks weird!!

Botulinum Toxin A. Also known as botox is produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum and was originally used in treating muscle twitches. It interferes with the neurons to cause paralysis. Nowadays it is commonly injected by clinicians to paralyse facial muscles therey reducing frown lines and can last up to 6 months.<br>

Derek, I used to think your posts were a bit terse, now I think they're classic.

Get an R3A and shoot with both eyes open. Or get over it; after all your a man! But you do have a valid point. The pro that I used to work with had unusual wrinkles, but they were symmetrical because he could shoot with either eye (not at the same time). Of course I guess that it could have been the dark side...

Don't joke. It's a real issue. There was recently a paper in the New England Journal of Medicine about the "degeneration of the integrity of subcutaneous tissue as a result of prolonged or repeated

surface folding" due to squinting or keeping one eye closed. This

can result in "premature and asymmetrical wrinkling" if ignored or left untreated.

The three groups of people most affected by this malady are keyhole peepers, lounge lizards, and wedding photographers.

I have really deep photograpers' wrinkles, since like you, I squint. I don't think they look too bad! . To make up for it I suggest squinting with the other eye when doing other things. That way you get really nice symmetrical wrinkling. Also, avoid heavy eye make-up. Mine tends to smear because of all the squinting, and it scares people a bit.

Squinting all the time used to give me headaches, now I use both eyes and I have that perifferal vision thing the other guy mentioned.

However people sometimes freak when I'm looking at the number displays and focus and my visible eye is wandering all over.

I miss the old huge viewfinder screens.

I've tried to shoot with both eyes open but the different image sizes bother me. Shooting with a range/viewfinder camera, a Leica, allows me to see if the flash goes off and most of the time I even notice a blinking eye too. I guess if somebody proved to me that keeping both eyes opened kept hair from turning grey i'd make the effort.